|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (February 2010)|
|Industry||Software, Health care|
Curotek is an American company based in Portland, Oregon that provides technology for community-based care settings such as assisted living communities and group home settings serving those with Dementia, Alzheimer's, Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and other disabilities that cause safety risks associated with freedom of movement and personal autonomy. Curotek provides various hardware devices providing real-time tracking of residents and care staff, an alert system tied to various sensor devices such as bed pads and thresholds and a electronic door control system that locks and unlocks doors based on the proximity of tracking badges. They are also a provider of an electronic documentation suite purposed for assisted living facilities.
Curotek was founded in October 2008 by previous employees of Elite Care Technologies when that company closed its doors. All assets and contracts with customers were transferred to Curotek Corporation. Curotek's technology was initially developed in 2000 for Elite Care at Oatfield Estates, an assisted living facility in Portland, Oregon. Curotek now has its product in facilities all over the United States and is the sole provider of technology for assisted living facilities funded by the Oregon Department of Human Services. Curotek (as Elite Care Technologies at Oatfield Estates) has received national publicity since 2001 from various major print and TV news agencies.
Real-time locating system 
The tracking technology that Curotek uses to provide tracking of care staff and residents is a Real-time locating system (RTLS) system from Ekahau. Tracking is accomplished with badges and Wi-Fi triangulation.
- Keller, Jessica (2010-01-26). "Filling a need". Argus Observer.
- Williams, Brian (2006-08-16). "Assisted Living goes High-Tech". NBC Nightly News.
- Kornblum, Janet (2006-06-07). "Assisted-living facility gets technology assist". USA Today.
- Fox, Cynthia (2001-11-09). "Technogenarians". Wired Magazine.
- Shapiro, Joseph (2006-06-07). "Home for Seniors Trades Privacy for Security". NPR.
- Hoffman, Ellen (2006-01-30). "Smart Gadgets For Seniors". Business Week.
- Moos, Bob (2007-08-19). "Caregivers use technology to help faraway family". The Dallas Morning News.
- McCann, Jana (2009-07-15). "Portland’s Curotek Technology Brings a New Way to Care for Alzheimer’s Residents at Blue Horizon". Senior Housing News.