|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Current Contents is a rapid alerting service database from the Institute for Scientific Information, now part of Thomson Reuters, that is published online and in several different printed subject sections.
Current Contents was first published in paper format, in a single edition devoted only to biology and medicine. Other subject editions were added later. Initially, it consisted simply of a reproduction of the title pages from several hundred major peer-reviewed scientific journals, and was published weekly, with the issues containing title pages from journal issues only a few weeks previously, a shorter time lag than any service then available. There was an author index and a crude keyword subject index only. Author addresses were provided so readers could send reprint requests for copies of the actual articles.
Still published in print, it is presently available as one of the databases included in Thomson's ISI Web of Knowledge with daily updates, and also through other database aggregators.
The Current Contents published editions are:
- Current Contents Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents Arts and Humanities
- Current Contents Clinical Practice
- Current Contents Engineering, Technology, and Applied Sciences
- Current Contents Life Sciences
- Current Contents Physical Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Current Contents Social & Behavioral Sciences
Current Contents Collections
Current Contents Collections is issued as two different editions. These are the Electronics and Telecommunications Collection and the Business Collection. These collections index scholarly journals, trade publications, as well as business and industry related publications. 
The Business Collection indexes about 240 journals and trade publications relevant to business administration and management theory and practice. Coverage includes the general subject areas of Business, Economics, Employee Relations, Human Resources, Management, Organization, Marketing, and Business Communication. 
The Electronics and Telecommunications Collection indexes about 210 journals and trade publications relevant to research and developed technology that pertains to the electronics industry. Coverage includes the general subject areas of Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Optics, Laser Research, Laser Technology, Semiconductors, Solid State Materials Technology, and Telecommunications Technology. 
- "Current Contents Collections" (web page). Thomson Reuters. 2009. Retrieved 2012-07-04.
- C.D. Hunt, Information Sources in Science and Technology, 3rd ed. Libraries Unlimited, 1998 ISBN 1-56308-528-3