Curtis J. Crawford
|Curtis J. Crawford|
|Alma mater||Joliet Junior College,
Governors State University,
|Occupation||Computer Systems Engineer, CEO of XCEO, Inc.|
Curtis J. Crawford is an American computer systems engineer, who has been a director of DuPont since 1998. Crawford is President and Chief Executive Officer of XCEO, Inc.,a consulting firm specializing in professional mentoring, personal leadership development and corporate governance.
An Illinois native, he received his AAS degree in data processing from Joliet Junior College, a B.A. degree in computer science and business administration and M.A. degree in marketing and business administration from Governors State University, and his MBA degree from the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business (KGSB) at DePaul University. Crawford also earned a Ph.D. degree in organization and management from Capella University.
He formerly served as president and chief executive officer of Onix Microsystems, Inc. and chairman, president and chief executive officer of ZiLOG, Inc. He previously served as Chairman of the board of ON Semiconductors. He was also President and CEO of Lucent Technologies Microelectronics Group and President of the Intellectual Property Division. Prior to joining AT&T, he served as Vice President for IBM.
Dr. Crawford is the 2010 recipient of the B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award. He was selected based on his many years of exemplary service and enlightened corporate governance in the boardroom. According to the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), “Dr. Crawford's career as a board member has been marked by his attention to board process above and beyond requirements and his willingness to mentor others in his high ethical standards for leadership”.
He also served as chairman of the board of directors at I-STAT Corp. In addition to serving DuPont, Crawford is a director of ITT Corporation, Inc., and ON Semiconductor Company. He also serves as a trustee of DePaul University.
Crawford is the author of:
- 2005. Rise the X principles of extreme personal leadership. Santa Clara, CA: XCEO.
- 2007. Compliance & conviction the evolution of enlightened corporate governance. Santa Clara, Calif: XCEO.
- 2009. Manager's Guide to Mentoring. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- http://xceo.net/ XCEO, Inc.
- Crawford, Curtis J. (1999). http://www.xceo.net/about_us/crawford_dissertation.php "The reform of corporate governance: Major trends in the United States corporate board room 1977-1997." 3031933
- http://www.semico.com/eventsummit/summitbellwether.asp Semico Summit Bellwether Award
- http://www.allbusiness.com/human-resources/employee-development/501834-1.html Avoiding the looks that kill careers.
- http://web.archive.org/web/20070623221445/http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-13506897.html America's most powerful Black executives: B.E. selects 40 all-stars from the nation' corporate elite. (Black Enterprise magazine) (Cover Story)
- http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nacd-announces-2010-director-of-the-year-award-winners-100336984.html NACD Announces 2010 Director of the Year Award Winners
- http://www.abbottpointofcare.com/istat/ I-STAT, Inc.