Curtis Stigers (album)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by Curtis Stigers|
|Released||24 September 1991|
|Genre||Soul, jazz, soft rock|
|Producer||Glen Ballard, Danny Kortchmar|
|Curtis Stigers chronology|
Curtis Stigers is the eponymous debut album by American jazz musician Curtis Stigers, released in 1991. It includes the hit singles "I Wonder Why" and "You're All That Matters to Me". The album peaked at number seven on the UK Albums Chart in 1992.
|1.||"Sleeping with the Lights On"||Curtis Stigers, Wayne Cohen||Danny Kortchmar||4:03|
|2.||"I Wonder Why"||Stigers, Glen Ballard||Glen Ballard||4:28|
|3.||"You're All That Matters to Me"||Stigers, Gregg Sutton, Shelly Peiken||Ballard||4:40|
|4.||"The Man You're Gonna Fall in Love With"||Stigers, Cohen||Kortchmar||4:26|
|5.||"People Like Us"||Stigers, Ballard||Ballard||4:36|
|6.||"Never Saw a Miracle"||Barry Mann, Stigers||Ballard||3:43|
|7.||"I Guess It Wasn't Mine"||Sutton, Peiken||Ballard||3:57|
|8.||"Nobody Loves You Like I Do"||Stigers, Cohen||Ballard||4:04|
|9.||"I Keep Telling Myself"||Albert Hammond, Mark E. Nevin||Kortchmar||3:56|
|10.||"Count My Blessings"||Stigers, Cohen||Ballard||4:22|
|11.||"The Last Time I Said Goodbye"||Stigers, Cohen||Kortchmar||3:41|
- Curtis Stigers: vocals, tenor and alto sax
- Angel Rogers, Alfie Silas, Táta Vega, Siedah Garrett, Sarah Taylor, Alexandria Brown, Pattie Brooks, Andrae Crouch, Pattie Howard, Perry Morgan, Sandra Crouch, Rose Banks, Howard McCrary, Jackie Gouche, Geary Faggett: backing vocals
- Danny Kortchmar, Mike Landau, Buzz Feiten, Michael Thompson: guitars
- David Paich, Glen Ballard: keyboards
- Randy Kerber: keyboards and piano
- Bill Payne: organ
- T. M. Stevens, Abraham Laboriel, Neil Stubenhaus: bass
- Jeff Porcaro, John Robinson, Mike Baird: drums
- Paulinho da Costa: percussion
- Ralph Morrison, Reg Hill, Rene Mandel, Helen Nightingale, Frederick Seykora, Richard Altenbach, Roland Kato, Carole Kleister-Castillo, Lisa Johnson, Paula Hochhalter: strings on tracks 2 and 3; arranged by Jerry Hey
- Ralph Morrison, Frederick Seykora, Margaret Wooten, Roland Kato, Lisa Johnson, Kenneth Yerks, Karen Jones, Ronald Folsom, Christine Ermacoff, Carrie Holzman-Little, Sheldon Sanov, Michael Markman: strings on tracks 9 and 11; arranged by Jerry Hey
- Horns arranged by Jerry Hey
- Charts by Orion Crawford
- Tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 arranged and produced by Glen Ballard; recorded by Francis Buckley at Studio Ultimo (Los Angeles) with assistance from Barry Rudolph; additional recording at Westlake Audio & Capitol Studios (both in Los Angeles); engineering assistance by Rob Hart and Peter Doell; mixed by Glen Ballard and Francis Buckley.
- Tracks 1, 4, 9 and 11 arranged and produced by Danny Kortchmar; recorded by Rob Jacobs with assistance from Nick DiDia and Rail Jon Rogut; mixed by Rob Jacobs and Nick DiDia with assistance from Greg Goldman and Marty Brumbach.
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman.
Charts and certifications
|UK Albums (OCC)||7|
- "Curtis Stigers | Wednesday Nov 20th, 8:00pm | Rest of Germany | Concerts". eventseeker. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- allmusic review
- "Curtis Stigers | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart. The Official Charts Company.
- CD Liner Notes; "Curtis Stigers", 1991 Arista Records