Customs (TV series)
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||RTÉ One|
|Original run||14 September 2008 – 19 October 2008|
Customs is a six-part  Irish documentary  television series that examines the role of customs officers, focusing on their daily lives and their regular encounters with the illegal drug trade and other difficult situations. It is the first time such a filming sequence has been carried out. The series was originally broadcast in editions of 30 minutes each on RTÉ One at 19:30 on Sunday evenings. The first episode aired on 14 September 2008.
The makers of the series gained unprecedented access to the daily operations of Ireland's customs officers, allowing viewers to see first hand the way the authorities deal with the increasing level of illegal materials and substances being imported. For example, the first episode featured a suspicious passenger making haste for a nearby exit, a live snake found in luggage at Dublin Port, an undercover operation that halted a cigarette smuggling scam at Dublin Airport and the customs anti-evasion unit chasing down UK registered cars in Cork. A spokesperson for the show was quoted as saying:
"They find shipments of drugs in the strangest places: a doll's house; picture frames; the bottom of a massive cargo ship. Large quantities of money, cigarettes and cars are regularly seized, as well as a myriad of other illegal goods and substances." 
There were six episodes in the series. These were broadcast between 14 September and 19 October 2008.
|Date of broadcast||Link|
|14 September 2008|||
|21 September 2008|||
|28 September 2008|||
|5 October 2008|||
|12 October 2008|||
|19 October 2008|||
- "RTÉ reveals full summer TV line-up". RTÉ Guide. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- "RTÉ summer schedule jewel is Olympic coverage". The Irish Times. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- "Customs". RTÉ. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- "Customs-RTÉ 1-19:30, Sunday 12 October 2008". Yahoo!. 12 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-22.[dead link]
- "New RTÉ series to highlight role of customs in war on drugs". Evening Herald. 4 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Episode 1. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.
- Episode 2. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.
- Episode 3. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.
- Episode 4. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.
- Episode 5. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.
- Episode 6. RTÉ. Accessed 22 October 2008.