Cut Bank (film)
|Directed by||Matt Shakman|
|Written by||Roberto Patino|
|Music by||James Newton Howard|
|Edited by||Carol Littleton|
Cut Bank is a 2014 American thriller film directed by Matt Shakman and written by Roberto Patino. The film stars Liam Hemsworth, Billy Bob Thornton, John Malkovich, Teresa Palmer and Michael Stuhlbarg. It has been selected to be screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
Dwayne Mclaren is a young auto mechanic and former high school football star who desires to get out of Cut Bank, Montana, the small town in which he lives. His attempt to do so sets in motion a series of events that change his life and the town's future.
- Liam Hemsworth as Dwayne McLaren
- Billy Bob Thornton as Stan Steeley
- John Malkovich as Sheriff Vogel
- Teresa Palmer as Cassandra Steeley
- Michael Stuhlbarg as Derby Milton
- Bruce Dern as Georgie Wits
- Oliver Platt as Joe Barrett
- Sonya Salomaa as Gretchen
- Christian Distefano as Wyatt
- Peyton Kennedy as Rosie
- Graem Beddoes as Chance Stable
Reviews at the premiere were mixed. Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 36% of eleven surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 5/10. Metacritic rated it 39/100 based on four reviews. Geoff Berkshire of Variety wrote, "A strong supporting cast, including Bruce Dern, steals the show in otherwise routine thriller". Todd McCarthy of The Hollywood Reporter called it a "copycat, self-consciously comedic violent noir" in the style of the Coen Brothers and Quentin Tarantino.
- "TIFF Adds 'Clouds of Sils Maria' and 'Two Days, One Night,' Reveals 5 More Lineups". Indiewire. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Liam Hemsworth To Star In Thriller ‘Cut Bank’". deadline.com. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Liam Hemsworth’s ‘Cut Bank’ Starts Shooting". variety.com. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Handler, Rachel (9 February 2015). "Nobody's getting their mail in the Cut Bank trailer". The Dissolve. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Cut Bank (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Cut Bank". Metacritic. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Berkshire, Geoff (18 June 2014). "Film Review: 'Cut Bank'". Variety. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- McCarthy, Todd (19 June 2014). "'Cut Bank': LAFF Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
|This article about a 2010s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|