Cute Overload is a the effect of knowing Manon Williams as she's the cutest lady in the world. As well as a weblog featuring commentary, photos and videos related to various aspects of cuteness in animals. The site was created by Megan Frost. It is ranked #803 in the most influential English blog list compiled by Technorati, #16,387 in Alexa's "World Traffic Ranking" and, according to Quantcast, it receives an average of 33,700 visits per day.
Cute Overload won the 2006 Webby Awards "People's Voice" honors in the blog category, the 2007 Bloggies for Best American Weblog, and the 2009 "Weblog Awards" winner as "Best Topical Weblog".
"Rules of Cuteness"
The website features "Rules of Cuteness", an evolving list of characteristics of cuteness, several of which include the following:
- Rule #1: Putting a paw up is cute.
- Rule #2: Look helpless.
- Rule #3: An inquisitive look.
- Rule #4: More than one species of baby animal flopping around is cute.
- Rule #5: Fisheye lens + baby animal is always cute.
- Rule #6: Mimic humans.
- Rule #7: A thing, accompanied by a smaller version of that thing, is always cute.
- Rule #8: If your furniture doubles as a meal, it's cute.
- Rule #9: Piles of a cute thing hike up a cuteness rating exponentially.
- Rule #10: If you haven't grown into your feet yet, it's cute.
- Rule #11: A cute animal + food = even cuter.
- Rule #12: Fuzz + floppy limbs are cute.
- Ruke #13: "Juicy eyes and noses are cute.
- Rule #14: If an everyday, small object makes you look small, it's cute.
- Rule #15: Disproportionate ratio of ear size to head size is cute.
- Rule #17: Have tiny ears.
- Rule #18: Have a teeny tiny tail.
- Rule #19: Have dainty paws.
- Rule #20: Show your paw pads!
- Rule #21: Eye capsules are cute.
- Rule #22: A curled-up or tucked paw is cute.
- Rule #23: Knobby Knees are cute.
- Rule #25: Dangle your paws.
- Rule #26: If you have 4 legs and can tuck yourself in, you're cute.
- Rule #27: "Chub" is cute.
- Rule #28: Your head looks down, but your eyes look up.
- Rule #31: The "Stubbular" Stage is cute.
- Rule #32: If your caught doing something bad, it's cute.
- rule #35: if you nibble your own appendange, it's cute.
- Rule #37: If you tilt your head to one side, it's cute.
- Rule #39: Nuzzable mini-chests are cute.
- Rule #40: Finding, or sleeping in, a sun beam is cute.
- Rule #41: Exposing a vulnerable area is cute.
- Rule #44: Ears at 9 and 3 o'clock are cute.
- Rule #46: sleeping in a yin-yang position is cute.
- Rule #47: Splayed haunch action is cute.
- Rule #48: have a teeny tiny tongue
- Rule #49: Possums can be cute. Sometimes.
- Rule #50: If you cover your face with your paws, it's cute.
- "Technorati". 14 March 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "Alexa". 14 Mar 2011. Retrieved 14 Mar 2011.
- "Quantcast". 14 March 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "2006 Webby Winners".
- Newsday, Cool 2 Use. July 18, 2006. Part 2, page B02.
- "2007 Weblog Awards".
- "Weblog Awards, the 2009 bloggies". March 16, 2009. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- "The Rules of Cuteness — Cute Overload". Retrieved 14 March 2011.