Cutie and the Boxer
|Cutie and the Boxer|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Zachary Heinzerling|
|Produced by||Zachary Heinzerling
Lydia Dean Pilcher
|Music by||Yasuaki Shimizu|
|Edited by||David Teague|
Ex Lion Tamer
Little Magic Films
Cutie and the Boxer is a 2013 American documentary film produced, shot, and directed by Zachary Heinzerling. The film focuses on the chaotic 40-year marriage of the boxing painter Ushio Shinohara and his wife Noriko. The film features original artwork by Noriko Shinohara and Ushio Shinohara.
Awards and nominations
The film and the director have won a number of awards:
- Won 2013 Sundance Film Festival "Best Director Award" for Zachary Heinzerling for directing Cutie and the Boxer. The committee cited: "It's rare to see a film so beautifully crafted in all aspects. It captures the complex nature of love and art in a mesmerizing and deeply human way." The film was nominated for Grand Jury Prize for the film during the same festival.
- They also won second place in Audience Awards during the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival
- It earned Special mention in Grierson Award during the 2013 London Film Festival with the citation: "For the original and creative way in which the filmmakers crafted an intimate portrait of a relationship."
- During the 2013 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, the director Zachary Heinzerling won the "Charles E. Guggenheim Emerging Artist Award" for directing the documentary (a joint win with Ex Lion Tamer)
- It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature at the 86th Academy Awards but lost out to 20 Feet from Stardom.
- U.S. Site
- Official website
- Cutie and the Boxer at the Internet Movie Database
- Cutie and the Boxer at Box Office Mojo
- Cutie and the Boxer at Metacritic
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|