Cuyahoga Falls High School
|Cuyahoga Falls High School|
|2300 Fourth Street
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, 44221
|School type||Public, secondary school|
|School district||Cuyahoga Falls City School District|
|Assistant principals||Mike Miller
|Color(s)||Black and Gold
|Athletics conference||Northeast Ohio Conference|
|Team name||Black Tigers|
|Rival||Stow-Munroe Falls Bulldogs|
|Accreditation||Ohio Department of Education
North Central Association of Schools and Colleges
|Communities served||Cuyahoga Falls, Silver Lake|
|Website||Cuyahoga Falls High School|
Cuyahoga Falls High School (CFHS) is a public high school in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Cuyahoga Falls City School District. It has a current enrollment of around 1,663 students in grades 9-12. The school's athletic teams are known as the Black Tigers and compete in the newly formed Northeast Ohio Conference.
The high school is also part of the Six District Educational Compact, a joint program of six area school districts (Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Kent, Stow-Munroe Falls, Tallmadge and Woodridge) to share access to each of their vocational training facilities and career resources.
Clubs and activities
Cuyahoga Falls High School has a Latin Club which functions as a local chapter of both the Ohio Junior Classical League (OJCL) and National Junior Classical League (NJCL). Other CFHS clubs include Academic Challenge (Ohio), National Honor Society, Art Club, Project Love, Book Club, Science Olympiad, Chess Club, Ski Club, DECA, Spanish Club, German Club, French Club, spring musical, fall play, Stage Crew, and the Cuyahoga Falls Marching Tiger Band.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Dain Clay, professional baseball player for the Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball from 1943–46
- Brett Siglow, former college football tailback at DeVry University. Current head professor of Siglology at Stark State University.
Notes and references
- "Stow baseball earns season sweep of Falls". Record Publishing Co, LLC. 3 May 2009. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
If anything is clear about this memorable rivalry…
- "Member Schools". NOC. 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- "The Six District Educational Compact Overview". SixDistrict.com. Six District Educational Compact. Retrieved 17 November 2009.[dead link]
- "Latin Club". Cuyahoga Falls High School official website: Clubs. Cuyahoga Falls City School District. 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
Activities include... academic competitions...
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org - June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org - July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
- "Activities/Clubs". Cuyahoga Falls High School official website: Additional Info. Cuyahoga Falls City School District. 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Softball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
|This Summit County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|