|Birth name||Cveta Majtanovic|
March 31, 1986 |
Novi Sad, Serbia
|Genres||Pop, R'n'B, Electro|
|Labels||Jazzboy Production of Sony BMG; Automatik Records|
Cveta Majtanović (Serbian: Цвета Мајтановић) (born March 31, 1986 in Novi Sad, Serbia, then Yugoslavia) is a Serbian singer who rose to popularity after winning Idol, the Serbian version of Pop Idol, shown on BKTV.
During the year 2004, she goes to London, gives interviews to different UK magazines, and meets with Idol license holders – Freemantle Media. In Summer 2004, shoots a video for Nisam ista (I'm not the same), a song that was later published on a maxi-single – promotional CD with 4 songs – Nisam ista, Stop, Hot Stuff and Things are going my way – the English version of Nisam ista song. Shoots a video for Stop. After that she had concerts across Serbia and Montenegro with 10 Idol finalists. In August 2004 she went to Warsaw, Poland, in Sony BMG Production Studios, BMG Poland, whose producer Bogdan Kondracky will be signed as a producer of all the songs on the album, and, of course, as a producer of the whole CD. English and Serbian version of CD has been recorded.
It was announced in January 2006. that Majtanović had signed with Automatik Records. Released on February 2007, Pogledaj u sutra. December 2006, – Serbian Radio Festival Radijski Festival and the promotion of Pop Trash song. December 2007, - Serbian Beovizija festival and promotion of new song - Iznad nas with Studio Alektik quartet.
- Novi Sad Auditions: "Not That Kind" by Anastacia
- Semi Finals: "I Learned From The Best" by Whitney Houston
- Top 10: "I'm Outta Love by Anastacia
- Top 9: "Free" by Ultra Naté
- Top 8: "Barakuda" by Viktoria
- Top 7: "Young Hearts Run Free" by Kym Mazelle
- Top 6: "Sleeping Satellite" by Tasmin Archer
- Top 5: "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer
- Top 4: "No More Drama" by Mary J. Blige
- Top 4: "Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink
- Top 3: "Stop!" by Sam Brown
- Top 3: "Nađi me" by Oktobar 1864
- Grand Final: "Nisam ista"
- Grand Final: "If You Could Read My Mind" by Stars on 54
- Grand Final: "Kao so u moru" by Aleksandra Radović
In 2007, Cveta hosted of a reality show Velika trka Inđijanapolisa (Big Race of Indjijanapolis), which was shown on Fox televizija. The show aired for six weeks. The show, which was essentially an elaborate ticket contest for the upcoming Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Inđija, featured RHCP fans who had to accomplish different tasks in order to earn VIP tickets for the concert. It was similar to The Amazing Race, except this "race" lasted one day.