|Directed by||Michael Mann|
|Produced by||Jon Jashni
|Written by||Morgan Davis Foehl
|Music by||Harry Gregson-Williams
|Edited by||Leo Trombetta
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Blackhat is an upcoming action thriller film written, directed and produced by Michael Mann. The film stars Chris Hemsworth, Viola Davis, Holt McCallany, Tang Wei and Leehom Wang. It is set for release on January 16, 2015.
- Chris Hemsworth as Nicholas Hathaway
- Viola Davis
- Manny Montana as Lozano
- William Mapother as Rich Donahue
- Holt McCallany
- Archie Kao as Shum
- Jason Butler Harner as Frank
- John Ortiz as Henry Pollack
- Tang Wei
- Leehom Wang as Chen Dawai
- Yorick van Wageningen
- Ritchie Coster as Kassar
- Andy On
The film was tentatively titled Cyber, however the final title was revealed on July 26, 2014 during a panel at San Diego Comic-Con International, and it was being estimated that it might qualify for the Oscars. The first official trailer for the film was released on September 25, 2014.
Filming began on May 17, 2013, in Los Angeles, California, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Jakarta, Indonesia.
Director Michael Mann donated HK$300,000 (US$38,500) to The Community Chest of Hong Kong in the name of Hang Seng Bank, to thank the bank for allowing him to film Blackhat for 5 evenings in the bank's lobby area.
- Universal Dates ‘The Mummy’ Reboot For April 2016, Pushes ‘Warcraft’ Out Of 2015 Holiday Slot Deadline.com (November 27, 2013).
- Verrier, Richard (May 29, 2013). "Michael Mann movie begins filming in L.A.". Los Angeles Times.
- "Jennifer Lopez, Michael Mann Movies Get 2015 Release Dates". The Wrap. 2013-11-27. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "Chris Hemsworth on Michael Mann's Upcoming Cyber". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
- Cunningham, Joe. "Viola Davis Goes Cyber With Michael Mann & Chris Hemsworth". IndieWire. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Helen Earnshaw (29 July 2014). "Blackhat First Image". Female First. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Dave Trumbore (June 2014). "First Images from Michael Mann’s CYBER Starring Chris Hemsworth; Possibly Retitled BLACKHAT". Collider. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Holt McCallany Boards Michael Mann’s Cyber Crime Pic". Deadline. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Kit, Borys. "'Lust, Caution' Stars Board Michael Mann's Cyber Thriller". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Fleming, Mike, Jr. (2014-07-26). "Comic-Con: Michael Mann's Cyberthriller Movie Titled 'Blackhat', Will Qualify For Oscar Run". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- Anderton, Ethan (September 25, 2014). "Chris Hemsworth Hunts Cybercriminals in First Trailer for 'Blackhat'". firstshowing.net. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "中環在線：感激恒生 米高曼捐30萬畀公益金" (in Chinese). Apple Daily. 2013-08-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blackhat (film).|