The Innovation District is an area of Boston, Massachusetts. According to Wired Magazine, it was officially recognized by Boston's Mayor Thomas Menino in 1997. Faneuil Hall is also known for being a district in the same city earning this nickname, known for activities similar to the San Francisco Bay area's Silicon Valley.  The neighborhood is unique for "... is its mix of cutting-edge technology with the gritty Old World wharf. " The area is also known as the "Seaport Innovation District".
The area has many notable companies that have a presence in the Cyber District
- Dune Medical Devices
- Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds
- Rethink Robotics
- Rodney Brooks
- State Street
- "Siliconia -- Part 1".
- "Boston Mayor Talks Up Cyber District".
- "Faneuil Hall: Boston's new cyber district? - Boston Business Journal".
- "Lynn wires up downtown to create `cyber district' - Boston Business ...".
- "Cyber District".
- "Seaport Innovation District".
- "Innovation District".