|Arcade system||Namco System 21|
|CPU||2x Motorola 68000 @ 12.0 MHz (main cpu)
Motorola 6809 @ 3.072 MHz (sound cpu)
|Display||Raster, standard resolution|
Game play involves maneuvering a hovercraft style tank through a futuristic arena and fighting to eliminate an opponent (either another player or the computer). Various power-ups are available throughout the game, which feature improved radar, extra missiles, and shield re-charging. There are walls and other obstacles in the arena, which can be useful for hiding as well as a hindrance, and some of which can be destroyed. Each player can chose from among eight different tanks, which vary from slow but heavily shielded, to quick but vulnerable. Player’s viewpoint can be either from the cockpit, or from behind the vehicle.
Each player has two tank-style analog joysticks, each with a finger and thumb trigger. The finger trigger releases a steady stream of bullets, but if held down will overheat and stop working for a short period of time. The thumb trigger releases a limited number of missiles.
The arcade version of Cyber Sled was only available as a dedicated red and blue sit-down cabinet. It featured a non-adjustable seat for each player, and two side-by-side video screens. On top of the game were a red and a blue strobe beacon.
A console version of Cyber Sled was released for the Sony PlayStation in 1995. It was originally slated as a launch game for the PlayStation. It features more characters than the arcade version, and a choice between the original arcade graphics, or a more realistic texture mapped mode. The original arcade version was released for the Wii Virtual Console in Japan on May 19, 2009. On June 26, 2013, the PlayStation version was released on the Japanese PlayStation Store as a PSOne Classic.
- サイバースレッド [アーケード]. Famitsu (in Japanese). Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Wii Virtual Console Arcade - CYBER SLED" (in Japanese). Bandai Namco Games. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- PlayStation/サイバースレッド (in Japanese). Bandai Namco Games. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- サイバースレッド [PS]. Famitsu (in Japanese). Kadokawa Corporation. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Cyber Sled (PlayStation) release data". GameFAQs. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- 「ゼビウス3D/G+」「スマッシュコート」など5作品がゲームアーカイブスに登場. 4Gamer.net (in Japanese). Aetas, Inc. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- Hillier, Brenna (2014-01-28). "US PS Store update, January 28 – Tomb Raider: DE, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, more". VG247. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- System 16 - System 21 Hardware (Namco)
- Cyber Sled at the Killer List of Videogames
- Cyber Sled at Allgame
- "Cyber Sled". GamePro (66) (IDG). January 1995. p. 209.
- PLAYSTATION CROSS REVIEW: サイバースレッド. Weekly Famicom Tsūshin. No.333. Pg.23. 5 May 1995.
- 読者 クロスレビュー: サイバースレッド. Weekly Famicom Tsūshin. No.336. Pg.31. 26 May 1995.