From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cychreus, son of Poseidon, either:
- Raised a dragon/serpent as a pet, before he became ruler of Salamis. It went on a rampage, and was driven away or captured by Eurylochus, who gave it to Demeter, a goddess who then kept it for her own.
- Fought a dragon/serpent that was terrorizing the island of Salamis, and upon slaying it was made king.
- Was known as "the dragon" for his hot-headed nature, and terrorized the island of Salamis until driven off by Eurylochus, but was received on the island of Eleusis by Demeter, who made him her high priest.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Cychreides
- Theoi Greek Mythology: Drakon Kykreides http://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakonKykhreides.html
|This mythology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|