Cyfra+ [ˌt͡sɨfra ˈplus] is a Polish digital satellite platform, owned and operated by French media company Canal+ ("Cyfra" is Polish for "Digit"). It offers 95 channels. By 2010, Cyfra+ had 1.6 million subscribers.
- Some channels disrespect the English soundtrack default setting and start with a Polish soundtrack when first turned on. In the past it affected HBO channels
- From May 26, 2008 till Sep 2008, Discovery channels Adventure, World and Science did not provide English soundtracks as specified in the product offer
- As of June 2, 2008, Zone Reality did not provide an English soundtrack. The track was retored later on.
- As of Sep 2008, Discovery Channel does not provide an English soundtrack as specified in the product offer
- Some Discovery Channel documentaries provide no English translations of non-English dialogs with English soundtrack
- Some movie channels spontaneously switch to Polish sound track in the midst of a recording
- Fox News is no longer available (as of August 2003).
- English-language Al Jazeera was promised in April 2006, and was made available only in Nov 2006 (on the day the English version of the channel launched)
- BBC Learning is no longer available (as of August 2006). In 2011, it was replaced with BBC Knowledge
- BBC Prime was phased out by the end of 2007. In 2001, it was replaced with BBC Entertainment
- As of Sep 1, 2006, for two continuous months, Hallmark Channel did not provide English sound track (only Polish dialogs). The service in English is now resumed
- Occasionally, various channels do not provide advertised soundtracks (either English, Polish, original or other). This happened among others to Hallmark, Zone Reality, Discovery channels, C+, and others
- In the period Dec 1, 2005 - Mar 31, 2007, all four Discovery channels included a digital protection signal that resulted in interrupted recordings (with 2-15% of the programmed recording missing). Recordings made with the record button (as opposed to the Timer) would simply stop in 3-15 minutes
- National Geographic HD channel did not provide an English soundtrack (until 2011)
External links