No. 44 Chicago Bears
|Date of birth:April 6, 1989|
|Place of birth: Tucker, Georgia|
|High school: Meadowcreek High School|
|College: Wake Forest|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
Cyhl Quarles (pronounced "Kyle") (born April 6, 1989) is an American Football strong safety who is currently with the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He signed with the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent. He played college football at Wake Forest.
Early years 
Quarles grew up on Singleton Road in the neighborhood of Gladiator, which is located in Norcross, Georgia. Quarles attended Meadowcreek High School, also in Norcross. Quarles was ranked as the 88th-best safety nationally by Scout and also was ranked as 49th-best prospect of the state of Georgia. He was a sprinter on the track high school team in which he ran the 100 meter dash 10.68 seconds. Quarles was named the Atlanta Journal Constitution Defensive Player of the Week once during high school.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Norcross, Georgia||Meadowcreek High School||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||191 lb (87 kg)||4.92||Sep 21, 2006|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 90 (S) Rivals: -- (OLB), -- (G)|
College career 
Quarles played at Wake Forest. For his career at Wake Forest, He finished with 239 tackles, 2 interceptions, 6 passes defended and one forced fumble.
In his Senior year, He had a career-high 101 tackles, 3 passes defended and 2 fumble recoveries. On September 1, 2011, He had 10 tackles against Syracuse in the season opener but Wake Forest loss 36-29 in overtime. On September 10, 2011, He recorded 12 tackles along with one pass deflection against North Carolina State helping Wake Forest win 34-27. On September 17, 2011, He recorded 5 tackles against Gardner-Webb helping Wake Forest win that game 48-5.
In his Junior year, He had 71 tackles, one interception, one forced fumble and one passes defended.
In his Sophomore year, He had 62 tackles, one interception, 2 passes defended for the season.
In his Freshman year, He only had 5 tackles for the entire season.
Professional career 
2012 NFL Combine 
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||223 lb||32 in||9 in||4.53 s||4.32 s||7.21 s||32.5 in||119 ft 0 in||19.0 reps|
|All values from the NFL Combine |
Baltimore Ravens 
New England Patriots 
On September 12, 2012, Quarles signed with the New England Patriots to join their practice squad. On September 28, 2012, Quarles was released from the practice squad. On December 26, 2012, Quarles resigned with the team to join the practice squad.
Chicago Bears 
- "Georgia Tech profile". wakeforestsports.com. Retrieved 2012.
- "Cyhl Quarles Wake Forest Statistics". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Wake Forest 29, Syracuse 36 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "North Carolina State 27, Wake Forest 34 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Gardner-Webb 5, Wake Forest 48 Box Score". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- Cyhl Quarles NFL Combine profile
- "Ravens sign Wake Forest S Quarles as undrafted free agent". cbssports.com/. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Cyhl Quarles added to P-squad". http://espn.go.com. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Patriots sign S Cyhl Quarles to practice squad; Release TE Alex Silvestro". patriots.com. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Patriots sign DL Marcus Forston to practice squad; Release S Cyhl Quarles". patriots.com. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Patriots Sign Three To The Practice Squad". patriots.com. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Bears Sign S Cyhl Quarles To A Reserve/Future Contract". chicago.cbslocal.com. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (September 2012)|