Cypress Springs High School
|Cypress Springs High School|
|7909 Fry Rd
Cypress, TX 77433
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Panthers on the P.R.O.W.L.|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Principal||Mr. Travis Fanning|
|Enrollment||2,921 (as of 2014)|
|Color(s)||Red & Blue|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Website||Cypress Springs High School website|
About Cypress Springs
Cypress Springs High School, the home of Student Panthers, was established in 1997, making it the sixth high school within Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District to open its doors to students in the Cypress and Katy areas. Since 2012, the school's principal has been Mr. Travis Fanning. From 2008-2012, the school's principal was Mrs. Barbara Weiman, one of the former Associate Principal before her promotion to being Principal. Prior to Mrs. Weiman becoming principal, Mrs. Sarah Harty was principal, until she was chosen to be the first principal of nearby Cypress Lakes High School which opened in 2008.
The school's floor plan, same as the floor plans of: Cypress Lakes High School, Cypress Ranch High School, Cypress Ridge High School, and Cypress Woods High School, could be compared to that of a small shopping mall with two floors, and hallways with classrooms on either side branching off of the central hallway, with the cafeteria (Commons) in the middle.
Cy-Springs History & Background
The graduating class of 2008 was Cypress Springs' largest senior class with over 1,000 students walking the stage at the Richard E. Berry Educational Support Center to receive their diplomas.
In the 2005-2006 school year, attendance at this high school reached over 4,000 students due to the building boom taking place in the local area, making for a crowded school and crowded hallways.
Clubs and Organizations
Cypress Springs High School houses many different Extracurricular Clubs and Organizationswhich are open for students to join near the beginning of the school year or for some clubs, every beginning of any semester. All 44 clubs for the 2014–2015 year include:
- Cat Osterman - Olympic Gold Medalist in Women's Softball
- Erica Enders - Most successful female Pro Stock Driver in NHRA history; a Disney Channel movie Right on Track was created, based on her life.
Schools that feed into Cypress Springs include:
- Elementary schools: André, Duryea, Walker, Hemmenway (partial), Jowell (partial), McFee (partial), Postma (partial), Rennell (partial)
- Middle schools: Hopper, Anthony (partial), Kahla (partial)
- CFISD Enrollment Data. "Enrollment by Campus." 18 Sep 2014.
- "." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District.
- Cypress Springs High School homepage
- Cypress Springs High School Alumni Website
- Cy-Fair ISD home page