Cypress Woods High School
|Cypress Woods High School|
|16825 Spring Cypress Rd.
Cypress, TX 77429
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Enrollment||3012 (as of 2012)|
|Color(s)||Crimson & Gold|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Website||Cypress Woods High School website|
The principal of Cypress Woods is Gary Kinninger. The school mascot is the Wildcat.
Cypress Woods, announced in 2005 as Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District High School #8, is part of the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. The school opened in the fall of 2006 due to rapid growth of CFISD. The 504,626-square-foot (46,881.3 m2) campus was built at a cost of 50.9 million United States dollars by Pepper-Lawson Incorporated on a 182-acre (0.74 km2) site. The campus was designed by PBK. CWHS relieved Cy-Fair High School and Cypress Falls High School.
The first graduating class graduated in 2009. About 140 staff members (including 100 teachers) served about 2,100 students when Cypress Woods opened.
 Neighborhoods served
Several master-planned subdivisions, such as Coles Crossing, Lakewood Glen, Lakewood Oaks Estates, Northlake Forest, Cypress Fields, Stablegate, Sydney Harbour, Lakes of Rosehill, Cypress Mill, Cypress Creek Lakes, Fairwood, Riata Ranch, Stable Gate, Stablewood Farms, Stone Gate, Cypress Creek Ranch, Cypress Ridge, Black Horse Ranch, and Cypress Point are zoned into CWHS.
 Feeder patterns
Schools that feed into Cypress Woods include:
- Elementary schools: Farney, Robison, Sampson, Black (partial), Keith (partial), Lamkin (partial), Postma (partial), Warner (partial)
- Middle schools: Goodson, Hopper (partial), Spillane, Hamilton (partial)
 Notable alumni
- Cammile Adams (2010), Olympic athlete
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Enrollment up 5,000 from last year. The Houston Chronicle. August 1, 2006
- Cypress Woods to welcome 2,100. Community invited to carnival set for Aug. 19. The Houston Chronicle. August 11, 2006
- "22 Cypress Woods High School: Cost: $51 Million – Simon Eyes Second Georgetown Project – Revenue, Rank, Ratings, Market Sector, Market Share, Market Size, Industry Trends and Analysis". Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- Cypress Woods High School. Mascot Selection. cfisd.net (PPT file)
- CFISD NAMES NEXT HIGH SCHOOL ‘CYPRESS WOODS’. cfisd.net. August 10, 2004
- Coles Crossing website (archived)
- "Lakewood Glen : Home". Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Lakewood Oaks Estates". Retrieved 2008-06-08. Text " Home " ignored (help)
- "Sydney Harbour: Waterfront homes, lakefront Homes, lakeside, Houston, Cypress, tile roof, texas, homes, community". Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "High School Attendance Zones (9–10) 2008–2009." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zones 2008–2009." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- "Middle School Attendance Zones 2008–2009." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Accessed September 12, 2008.
- Cypress Woods High School
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District Website
- Cypress Woods Athletic Booster Club
- Cypress Woods Choir Organization