From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Cypress tree)
Not to be confused with Cyprus.
For other uses, see Cypress (disambiguation).
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
Cupressus sempervirens is famous for its longevity, and has been a popular garden plant for thousands of years.
- African cypress (Widdringtonia species)
- Bald, pond, and Montezuma cypresses (Taxodium species, native to North America)
- Chinese swamp cypress (Glyptostrobus pensilis)
- Cordilleran cypress (Austrocedrus chilensis)
- Cypress (Callitropsis species)
- Cypress (Cupressus species)
- Cypress-pines (Actinostrobus species)
- Cypress-pines (Callitris species)j
- False cypress (Chamaecyparis species)
- Fujian cypress (Fokienia hodginsii)
- Guaitecas cypress (Pilgerodendron uviferum)
- Patagonian cypress (Fitzroya cupressoides)
- Siberian cypress (Microbiota decussata)
The Cupressaceae family also contains 13–16 other genera (not listed above) that do not bear cypress in their common names.
|This page is an index of articles on plant species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|