Cyriac K. Pullapilly is emeritus professor of history at St Mary's College, Indiana and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. He has a multi-disciplinary approach to his studies and has published works on a broad range of subjects. His research has been supported by the Fulbright Foundation and the National Endowment for the Humanities, and in 2006 - the year in which he was admitted to the Royal Society of Arts - he held a visiting academic post at the University of Cambridge. He has also established his own publishing company and produced an "inclusive-language" edition of the New Testament. He is a former priest of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church.
Pullapilly studied at St Thomas College in India and then at the University of Chicago, where he earned his PhD. He and his wife are both Indian immigrants to the United States, raising their children in South Bend, Indiana.
In addition to editing various books, Pullapilly has authored several, including:
- Caesar Baronius, Counter-Reformation historian. University of Notre Dame Press. 1975. ISBN 9780268005016.
- Smith, Bardwell L., ed. (1976). "The Izhavas of Kerala and their Historic Struggle for Acceptance in the Hindu Society". Religion and Social Conflict in South Asia. BRILL. ISBN 9789004045101.
- Islam in the Contemporary World. Cross Cultural Publications/Crossroads. 1980. ISBN 9780940121003.
- East and West in the Renaissance: Essays in Cultural Interaction. Cross Cultural Publications. 2000. ISBN 9780940121461.
- Christianity and Native Cultures: Perspectives from Different Regions of the World. Cross Cultural Publications. 2004. ISBN 9780940121775.
- "The Izhavas of Kerala". Journal of Asian and African Studies XI. 1976.
- "Agostino Valier and the Conceptual Basis of the Catholic Reformation". Harvard Theological Review 85 (3): 307–333. July 1992. doi:10.1017/S0017816000003333.
- St Mary's College Official Bulletin. S Mary's College. 2012. p. 305.
- Abeel, Kim (9 October 2006). "Queen to honor educator: Royal Society of Arts to induct SMC prof". Notre Dame, IN: The Observer.
- Lach, Donald Frederick; Van Kley, Edwin J. (1998). Asia in the Making of Europe: East Asia. University of Chicago Press. p. xxxv. ISBN 9780226467658.
- "Gita Pullapilly and Aron Gaudet". The New York Times. 1 November 2009. p. ST14.