Shakhalaga Khwa Jirongo, popularly Cyrus Jirongo, is a politician and a former Member of Parliament in Kenya. Between 1978 and 1981 he went to Mang'u High School. He became the chairman of AFC Leopards football club in 1991.
1997-2001 Parliamentary Career
He became an MP at the 1997 elections, when he won the Lugari Constituency seat. Two years later he fell out with KANU and was associated with the unregistered United Democratic Movement party. Nevertheless, ahead of the 2002 elections, he was appointed the Rural Development Minister. At the elections he represented KANU but was defeated by Enoch Kibunguchy of NARC.
2007-2012 Parliamentary Return
He formed a new political party known as Kenya African Democratic Development Union (KADDU) and successfully reclaimed the Lugari Constituency seat at the 2007 elections. The elections were followed by political crisis in Kenya which was resolved by a broad coalition government. KADDU is the only parliamentary party not taking part in the government and Jirongo is the sole MP for the party. In his bid to become Kenya's fourth president, he had been identified with the URP and more recently New FORD-Kenya, before formally joining the Federal Party of Kenya 
2013 Presidential Run
Jirongo declared an interest in running for the President in the 2013 Kenyan Presidential election. He eventually opted to run for the Kakamega Senate seat and support Raila Odinga's bid for the presidency.He lost the bid tokakamege senator Bonny khalwale 
- Daily Nation, December 11, 2003: Guess who's top of the class!
- Kenyapage.net: Election 2007 --> Sports Enthusiasts are also voters
- Daily Nation, November 18, 2002: Lobby groups resurface to cash in on election euphoria
- Daily Nation March 11, 1999: Jirongo party furious at Moi 'interference'
- Daily Nation, March 12, 2002: An uphill task for Jirongo
- Information go.ke: Kenyan parliamentary elections 2002 results - Lugari Constituency
- The Standard, April 27, 2008: Dilemma as House braces for a one-man Opposition
- http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/84709-jirongo-to-ditch-urp-for-a-new-party- Jirongo to ditch URP for new party
- Jirongo tipped to join New Ford-Kenya Party http://allafrica.com/stories/201207050073.html
- Jirongo launches presidential bid, pledges corruption fight http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2012/09/jirongo-launches-presidential-bid-pledges-corruption-fight/
- "irongo joins Cord, to contest Kakamega Senate seat". Daily Nation. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Daily Nation, January 9, 2009: Polygamy: Kenyans speak out