Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Born||4 July 1968|
|Alma mater||Imperial College London
London Business School
|Occupation||Chairman of Tata Group|
Patsy Perin Dubash
Cyrus Pallonji Mistry (born 4 July 1968) is an Irish businessman and Chairman of India's leading business conglomerate, Tata Group. He succeeded the previous chairman of the group, Ratan Tata, with effect from 28 December 2012.  He is the youngest son of Indian construction magnate Pallonji Mistry. Mistry will be the sixth Chairman of the group and the second not named Tata after Sir Nowroji Saklatvala. He has been described as "the most important industrialist" in both India and Britain.
Early life and education
Mistry studied at the Cathedral & John Connon School in Mumbai. He graduated from the Imperial College, London with a BE in civil engineering and holds a Master of Science in management from the London Business School. He is a fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
Cyrus Mistry is the youngest son of Pallonji Mistry, an Irish-Parsi construction tycoon. Mistry's grandfather first bought shares in Tata Sons in the 1930s, a stake that, as of November 2011[update], stood at 18.5 percent, which is in the hands of Mistry's father, the largest single shareholder in a firm mostly controlled by trusts. He has an elder brother Shapoor Mistry who is married to Behroze Sethna, the daughter of lawyer Rusi Sethna. Cyrus has two sisters: Laila and Aloo. His sister, Aloo, is married to Noel Tata, the half-brother of Ratan Tata. Laila is married to Rustom Jehangir. 
Mistry considers himself to be of Irish nationality because although his father is Indian-born, his mother is Irish.
Cyrus Mistry has been managing director of Shapoorji Pallonji & Company, which is part of the Rs 15,000-crore Shapoorji Pallonji Group (SP Group). He got the chance to join Tata Sons' board a year after his father retired as director in 2005  and has been serving in the capacity of a director of Tata Sons since 1 September 2006. He served as a Director of Tata Elxsi Limited, from 24 September 1990 to 26 October 2009 and was a Director of Tata Power Co. Ltd until 18 September 2006.
In 2012 Mistry was appointed as the chairman of the Board of Tata Sons. In addition to being Chairman of Tata Sons, Mr. Mistry is also chairman of all major Tata companies including Tata Industries, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power, Tata Teleservices, Indian Hotels, Tata Global Beverages and Tata Chemicals.
- "Cyrus Mistry: Avid golfer & foodie, avoids cocktail circuit". Economic Times. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Cyrus P Mistry to take over from Ratan Tata as Chairman of Tata Group in December 2012". Economic Times. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Cyrus Mistry takes over the position of chairman for Tata Sons in December 2012". 26 November 2011.
- Munroe, Tony (23 Nov 2011). "Global search for Tata chairman ends close to home". Reuters. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Cyrus Mistry, a Tata in all but name". Reuters (CNBC-TV18). 23 Nov 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21586829-two-countries-have-close-financial-ties-trade-between-them-feeble-odd-couple Britain and India: The odd couple
- "Cyrus P Mistry: Tata Sons' deputy chairman a reticent man with strategic vision, humility". Economic Times. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- Agarwal, Vibhuti (23 November 2011). "Who is Cyrus Mistry?". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Who is Cyrus Mistry?". IBN Live. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Who is Cyrus Mistry?". NDTV. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- Zachariah, Reeba; Singh, Namrata (24 Nov 2011). "Cyrus Mistry: Avid golfer and foodie, avoids cocktail circuit". Times of India. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "New Tata leader must be his own man, insists departing tycoon"". The Daily Telegraph (London). 29 December 2012. p. 31.