||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
6 August 1980 |
London, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Actor, Vj, Writer|
Cyrus Sahukar was born in the military headquarters of MHOW, Indore on 6 August 1980. His father, Colonel Behram Sahukar, is Parsi whereas his mother, Nimeran Sahukar, a writer, is a Punjabi. He has an elder sister, Preeti Philip, who is an artist. He did his schooling from St Columba's
Cyrus started doing theatre in school and acted in various school plays from the age of 6. He also used to sing in his school band, and by age 14, he was a part of senior  s ‘Literacy Mission Program,’ where the school students would perform plays and educational skits for the inmates of Tihar Jail. During the same period, he acted in a play which was a part of Barry John's Red Noses Club. The play was directed by Barry John and was called ‘Haroun and the Sea of Stories,’ based on a novel by author Salman Rushdie.
At 15, he performed a musical show called ‘Thank you for the music,’ directed by Stephen Marazzi, which was his first professional endeavor as a singer. After that he joined Roshan Abbas and started doing radio voiceovers and jingles. His first jingle was for Harpic.
By the age of 16, he was hosting a radio show called ‘Radio Rampage’ in Delhi. Around the same time he worked on the production and acted in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘Starlight Express’ and ‘Graffiti Postcards from School,’ both plays directed by Roshan Abbas.
Journey from MTV
The following year, in 2000, he fronted a show called ‘MTV Fully Faltoo.’ It went on to become one of the very first shows to spoof on everything-from movies, to ad films to TV Shows, prominent among them being – Sholay, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai and the Indiana Jones Series. Around the same time, he started performing a spoof on Navjot Singh Sidhu as ‘Piddhu The Great’ and also hosted ‘Semi Girebaal,’ which was a spoof on the talk show, ‘Rendezvous with Semi Garewal.’ The spoof, Semi Girebaal, recorded higher rating than the original show. When MTV forayed into the Mocumentary arena, he started anchoring the show ‘Kickass Mornings’, wherein he played 25 different characters. He then also hosted two seasons of the game show ‘Hole in the wall,’ followed by ‘All stars,’ both for Pogo Channel.
A Snapshot of his works
- Worked on the Bakra Gag
- Hosted a Travel show Called Chill out in 1999
- Piddhu the great-a spoof on Navjot Singh Sidhu in 2000
- Mtv Fully Faltoo Film festival – Bechare Zameen Par
- Kick ass mornings where he played over 25 characters
- 1st time MTV shot a Mocumentary where he played - Bobby Chadda and Paromita- The Neurotic.
- Nat Geo Hosted the International Spelling Bee
- MTV Housefull
- Hosted India's Got Talent Colors 2012
- Hosted Sab Khelo Sab Jeeto SAB 2013
- Om Jai Jagadish - Himself
- Rang De Basanti – Rj Rahul
- Delhi 6 – Suresh – Photographer
- Aisha – Randhir Gambhir
- Love Breakups Zindagi - Govind
- Bombay Talkies - Himself
- Musical summit for AIDS with MTV India
- Style Awards for Mtv India
- Corporate shows: - ICICI Bank, HSBC, Hindustan lever, Hewlett Packard, HDFC, Birla Sun Life Insurance.
- Launched all the Planet M stores in Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh and many other cities.
- Hosted the 1st season of MTV Roadies. Judged the season 7 of the MTV roadies.
- Hosted the VJ Hunt in the years 2002 and 2009.