||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2014)|
Cytomics is the study of cell systems (cytomes) at a single cell level. It combines all the bioinformatic knowledge to attempt to understand the molecular architecture and functionality of the cell system (Cytome). Much of this is achieved by using molecular and microscopic techniques that allow the various components of a cell to be visualised as they interact in vivo.
Cytomes are the cellular systems, subsystems, and functional components of the body. The cytome is the collection of the complex and dynamic cellular processes (structure and function) underlying physiological processes. It describes the structural and functional heterogeneity of the cellular diversity of an organism.
The Human Cytome Project is about the study of the biological system structure and function of an organism at the cytome level. It relates to cytomics, which is the study of cell systems (cytomes) at a single cell level.
- Flow cytometry
- Human Genome Project
- List of omics topics in biology
- Tissue microarray
- Bernas T., Gregori G., Asem E. K., Robinson J. P., Integrating cytomics and proteomics, Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006 Jan;5(1):2-13.
- Chen X., Velliste M., Murphy R. F., Automated interpretation of subcellular patterns in fluorescence microscope images for location proteomics, Cytometry A. 2006 Jul;69(7):631-40.
- Davies E., Stankovic B., Azama K., Shibata K., Abe S., Novel components of the plant cytoskeleton: A beginning to plant "cytomics", Plant Science, Invited Review, Plant Science 2001; (160)2: 185-196.
- Herrera G., Diaz L., Martinez-Romero A., Gomes A., Villamon E., Callaghan R. C., O'connor J. E., Cytomics: A multiparametric, dynamic approach to cell research, Toxicol In Vitro. 2006 Jul 22.
- Kriete A., Cytomics in the realm of systems biology, Cytometry A. 2005 Nov;68(1):19-20.
- Murphy R. F., Cytomics and location proteomics: automated interpretation of subcellular patterns in fluorescence microscope images, Cytometry A. 2005 Sep;67(1):1-3.
- Schubert W., Cytomics in characterizing toponomes: towards the biological code of the cell, Cytometry A. 2006 Apr;69(4):209-11.
- Valet G., Tarnok A, Cytomics in predictive medicine, Cytometry, 2003, 53B: 1-3.
- Valet G., Predictive medicine by cytomics and the challenges of a human cytome project, Business Briefing: Future Drug Discovery 2004, Ed: E Cooper, World Markets Research Center Ltd, London, 2004; 46-51.
- Valet G., Cytomics: an entry to biomedical cell systems biology, Cytometry A. 2005 Feb; 63(2):67-8.
- Van Osta P., Ver Donck K., Bols L., Geysen J., Cytomics and drug discovery., Cytometry A. 2006 Mar;69(3):117-8.
- Wiacek C., Muller S., Benndorf D., A cytomic approach reveals population heterogeneity of Cupriavidus necator in response to harmful phenol concentrations, Proteomics 2006 Nov;6(22):5983-94.