Czech Republic–Malaysia relations
Following the establishment of relations with the Soviet Union in 1968, Malaysia also expanded its relations with Czech Republic and other Eastern European countries. In 2000, the Czech Deputy Prime Minister made a visit to Malaysia. While in 2006, Czech Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Czech President of the Senate of Parliament both made an working and official visit to Malaysia. While in the Malaysian side, the chief of armed forces staff made a working visit to Czech Republic on the same year. In 2012, the Czech President Václav Klaus made a state visit to Malaysia.
Relations between the two countries are developing successfully especially in trade with Czech Republic main exports to Malaysia are engineering products, machine tools, and electrical motors while Malaysia main exports to Czech Republic majority in machinery, rubber, cocoa and other electrical equipments. In 2000, mutual trade between the two countries was over 7.7 billion CZK and Czech firms are currently seeking any opportunities for an investments and joint enterprises in Malaysia. Some Malaysian businessmen also has coming to Prague to establishing contacts with Czech companies especially on the Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE) projects.
In 2000, the Government of Czech Republic has started to offers Malaysian one scholarship for post-graduate study every year, and in September 2006, the first group of seventy Malaysian students arrived in Czech Republic and began their studies in medicines. Following the successful, the number of Malaysian studies in Czech Republic increased to 200 in 2008.
- "Embassy of Czech Republic in Kuala Lumpur". Embassy of Czech Republic, Kuala Lumpur. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Official Website of Embassy of Malaysia, Prague". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Christoph Marcinkowski; Constance Chevallier-Govers; Ruhanas Harun (2011). Malaysia and the European Union: Perspectives for the Twenty-First Century. LIT Verlag Münster. pp. 40–. ISBN 978-3-643-80085-5.
- República Checa Ministerstvo zahranicních vecí; Česko. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí; Ústav mezinárodních vztahu (Praga) (1 January 2001). Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2000 and December 2000. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí České republiky. pp. 173–. ISBN 978-80-86345-19-2.
- Czech Republic. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí; República Checa Ministerstvo zahranicních vecí (1 January 2007). Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2006 and December 2006. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí České republiky. pp. 289–. ISBN 978-80-86345-59-8.
- "President of Czech Republic arrives for visit". New Straits Times. 4 July 2012. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Ústav mezinárodních vztahu (Praga); República Checa Ministerstvo zahranicních vecí (1 January 2004). Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2003 and December 2003. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí České republiky. pp. 112–. ISBN 978-80-86345-49-9.
- "Malaysian businessmen coming to Prague". 7 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Report on the Foreign Policy of the Czech Republic: between January 2008 and December 2008. Ministerstvo zahraničních věcí České republiky. 1 January 2009. pp. 304–. ISBN 978-80-86345-73-4.