Czechoslovak Chess Championship
Twelve tournaments were organized within international open tournaments, the best Czech or Czechoslovak player won then the title - such tournaments are marked with an asterisk *) in the following list and the overall ranking of the eventual champion in the tournament is added in the brackets.
List of winners
- 7 titles: Luděk Pachman (1946–1966)
- 6 titles: Vlastimil Hort (1969–1977)
- 5 titles: Ľubomír Ftáčnik (1981–1989)
- 3 titles: Miroslav Filip (1950–1954), Vlastimil Jansa (1964–1984), Karel Opočenský (1927–1938), Jan Smejkal (1973–1986)
MODR, Břetislav - VESELÝ, Jiří: 100 let organizovaného šachu v českých zemích. Příbram, 2005. 223 p. ISBN 80-86595-14-5
- History of the championship on the Czech Chess Union website
- Ken Whyld, Guiness, Chess, The Records, 1986, p.96.