Kvohst of Dødheimsgard, Hellfest 2011
|Genres||Black metal, avant-garde metal, industrial metal|
|Labels||Peaceville, Moonfog Productions, The End|
|Associated acts||Aphrodisiac, Umoral, Zweizz, ThanatoSchizO, Aura Noir, Manes, Ulver, Satyricon, Ved Buens Ende, Darkthrone, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Fleurety, Nidingr, Blargh, Clutchpedal vs. Starfat, Naer Mataron|
|Website||dhg.no (under construction)|
Dødheimsgard (also known as DHG) is a Norwegian extreme metal band formed in 1994. Dødheimsgard was originally a black metal band, but 1999's 666 International saw them change into an experimental and avant-garde / industrial metal band. In 2000, they shortened their name to DHG. During 2003, they went through some lineup changes, replacing Aldrahn, Zweizz and Czral.
"Dødheimsgard" is a contraction of three words: Død which means 'death', heim which means 'home' and gard which means (at least in this context) 'realm'. A natural translation into English would be "Realm of Death".
On January 4, 2008, it was announced that vocalist Kvohst had left the band. However, as of October 2010, he has rejoined Dødheimsgard, Also in 2010 a new drummer, Terghl, and a new guitarist, Blargh, was introduced.
The band released their fifth studio album, A Umbra Omega, on March 16, 2015.
- Vicotnik (Viper, Mr. Fixit, Yusaf Parvez) - guitar, vocals (1994-) (Ved Buens Ende, Code, Naer Mataron)
- Aldrahn (Bjørn Dencker Gjerde) - vocals, guitar (1994–2003) Lead Vocals (2013-) (Thorns, Zyklon-B)
- Terghl - drums (2009-)
- Thunberg - Guitars (2015-)
- L.E. Måløy - Bass (2015-)
- Alver (Jonas Alver) - bass guitar (1996) (Emperor)
- Apollyon (Ole Jørgen Moe) - bass, drums, guitars, vocals (1995–1999) (Aura Noir, Cadaver, Immortal)
- Cerberus - bass guitar (1998)
- Czral (Carl-Michael Eide) - drums (1999–2003, on Supervillain Outcast) (Aura Noir, Virus, Cadaver, Ved Buens Ende, Satyricon, Ulver)
- Fenriz (Gylve Nagell) - vocals, bass guitar (1994–1995) (Darkthrone)
- Inflabitan - guitar, bass guitar (on tour in 1999)
- Galder (Thomas Rune Andersen) - guitar (1998) (Old Man's Child, Dimmu Borgir)
- Kvohst - vocals (1998-2008, 2010-2011) (Hexvessel, ex-Code)
- Mort - effects on Supervillain Outcast
- Mr. Magic Logic/Hologram/Zweizz (Svein Egil Hatlevik) - keyboards, grand piano (1997–2003) (Fleurety)
- Thrawn (Tom Kvålsvoll) - guitar
- D'arn - drums
- Blargh - guitar (Nidingr, Blargh, Clutchpedal vs. Starfat)
- Clandestine (Christian Eidskrem) - bass guitar
- Jormundgand - synthesizer
- Kronet Til Konge (1995)
- Monumental Possession (1996)
- Satanic Art (MCD) (1998)
- 666 International (1999)
- Supervillain Outcast (2007)
- A Umbra Omega (2015)
- .Blabbermouth.net News item. Retrieved January 6, 2008.
- Dødheimsgard official website (currently down but being built)
- Dødheimsgard on Myspace
- Dødheimsgard discography at MusicBrainz
- DHG Interview 2007
- Interview with Bjørn Dencker aka ALDRAHN 2008 on avantgarde-metal.com