|Capital city (Resedinţă de judeţ)||Târgovişte|
|• Type||County Board|
|• President of the County Board||Gheorghe Ana|
|• Prefect2||Aurelian Popa|
|• Total||4,054 km2 (1,565 sq mi)|
|Area rank||37th in Romania|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Rank||15th in Romania|
|• Density||127/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 x454|
|GDP||US$ 3.71 billion (2008)|
|GDP/capita||US$ 6,831 (2008)|
|1The development regions of Romania have no administrative role. They were formed just to attract funds from the European Union
2 as of 2007, the Prefect is not a politician, but a public functionary. He (or she) is not allowed to be a member of a political party, and is banned to have any political activity in the first six months after the resignation (or exclusion) from the public functionary corps
3w, x, y, and z are digits that indicate the city, the street, part of the street, or even the building of the address
4x is a digit indicating the operator: 2 for the former national operator, Romtelecom, and 3 for the other ground telephone networks
5used on both the plates of the vehicles that operate only in the county limits (like utility vehicles, ATVs, etc.), and the ones used outside the county
In 2011, it had a population of 518,745 and the population density was 127/km². It is one of the most densely populated counties in Romania.
Dâmboviţa county has a total area of 4,054 km².
The county's landscape has three main forms. In the north there are mountains from the Southern Carpathians group – the Bucegi Mountains and the Leaotă Mountains. In the center there are the sub-Carpathian hills and the southern area is part of the Romanian Plain.
- Ilfov County and Prahova County in the East.
- Argeş County in the West.
- Braşov County in the North.
- Teleorman County and Giurgiu County in the South.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Metallurgical industry.
- Oil extraction equipment.
- Food industry.
- Home appliances.
- Textile industry.
- Chemical industry.
- Construction materials industry.
The main tourist destinations are:
- The city of Târgovişte – the ancient capital of Muntenia.
- The Pucioasa Resort.
- The Ialomiţa River Valley – Peştera Ialomicioarei.
- Glod, a small village in this area, was used to represent Kazakhstan in the filming of the mockumentary movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
Dâmboviţa County 2 municipalities, 5 towns and 82 communes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dâmbovița County.|
- "Population at 20 October 2011" (in Romanian). INSSE. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
- Constantin C. Giurescu, Istoria Bucureştilor. Din cele mai vechi timpuri pînă în zilele noastre, Bucharest, 1966, p.38