Vilà before a game with Spain U21 in 2011
|Full name||Dídac Vilà Rosselló|
|Date of birth||9 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Mataró, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|Eibar (on loan from Milan)|
|2011–2012||→ Espanyol (loan)||37||(2)|
|2013–2014||→ Betis (loan)||12||(0)|
|2014–||→ Eibar (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 July 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Mataró, Barcelona, Catalonia, Vilà joined local RCD Espanyol's youth system at the age of 10, making his senior debuts in the 2008–09 season and helping the reserves promote from the fourth division, as champions.
He was promoted to the first team by manager Mauricio Pochettino, making his La Liga debut on 30 January 2010 in a 1–0 home win against Athletic Bilbao and ending his first professional campaign with 11 league games (starting and playing all the minutes in every match), as the Pericos finished in mid-table.
After missing the first months of 2010–11 due to physical problems, Vilà once again gained first-choice status at Espanyol, taking over longtime incumbent – and also a youth graduate at the club – David García. On 28 January 2011, he was bought by A.C. Milan in Serie A.
After only one official appearance for the Italians, Vilà returned to Espanyol in early June 2011, in a season-long loan. He only missed one match during the league campaign, scoring twice but in as many away losses.
At the beginning of 2012–13 Vilà was set to join Valencia CF on loan, with the Che having the option of making the move permanent at the end of the season, but the deal fell apart as he did not pass the required medical exams. Subsequently the player underwent surgery, failing to make an official appearance for the Rossoneri.
In 2011, Vilà received his first callup for the Spanish under-21s. That year he was selected by manager Luis Milla to the UEFA European Championship in Denmark, playing all the matches and minutes for the eventual champions.
- Espanyol B
- Spain U21
- Spain U20
- As of 13 May 2012
- "Garcia makes the difference". ESPN Soccernet. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Dídac Vila, sold to AC Milan". RCD Espanyol. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "Arda the artist in Atleti victory". ESPN Soccernet. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Ighalo brace boosts Granada". ESPN Soccernet. 1 May 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Valencia sign Dídac on loan from Milan". ESPN Star Sports. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Comunicado oficial" [Official announcement] (in Spanish). Valencia CF. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Dídac: A.C. Milan comunicato ufficiale" [Dídac: A.C. Milan official announcement] (in Italian). A.C. Milan. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Valencia call off Dídac deal". ESPN Soccernet. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "El Real Betis incorpora a sus filas a Dídac" [Dídac joins Real Betis ranks] (in Spanish). Real Betis. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "El Eibar anuncia la cesión por una temporada de Didác Vilá, procedente del Milan" [Eibar announces loan of Didác Vilá for one year, from Milan] (in Spanish). Eibar's official website. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- ITA – ESP 1:2 (0:0); Pescara 2009, 4 July 2009
- "Dídac Vilá". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Milan official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Espanyol official profile
- Dídac Vilà – FIFA competition record