|Traded as||FWB: DUE|
|Industry||Plant and machinery construction|
|Revenue||€ 2,399.8 billion (2012)|
|Employees||7,652 (December 2012)|
Dürr AG is a global supplier of products, systems, and services, mainly for automobile manufacturing. The company, founded by Paul Dürr as a metal shop for roof flashing in Cannstatt in 1895, has been listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since 4 January 1990. The customers of Dürr AG include almost all familiar automobile manufacturers. The company is registered in Stuttgart, but its actual location (mailing address) has been in Bietigheim-Bissingen since 1 August 2009 after the relocation of various business units.
In 1895, a metal shop for roof flashing was founded in Cannstatt by Paul Dürr. In 1917, the company expanded to sheet metal processing. In 1932, Paul Dürr handed the running of the company over to his son, Otto Dürr, who established a construction office.
Plant construction began in 1950 with the first system for chemical surface treatment. In 1963, Dürr installed the first equipment for electrophoretic dip-painting in the Ford factory in Genk, Belgium. In 1964 and 1966, subsidiaries were founded in Brazil and Mexico.
In 1978, Dürr expanded into the fields of automation and conveyor systems. Dürr made its IPO in 1989. Dürr took over the French competitor Alstom Automation in 1999. The measuring systems group Schenck also became part of the Dürr Group in 2000. In 2003, Dürr acquired the largest order in the company's history: General Motors ordered three paint shops in North America.
In the course of readjustment of the Group's structure, and concentration on its key areas of expertise in plant and machinery construction, Dürr spun off activities that it no longer regarded as fitting into the portfolio of its business model in 2005.
In 2008, the aircraft technology business (painting and final assembly) was bundled into an independent business unit. In the summer of 2009, Dürr relocated its Stuttgart activities to its Bietigheim-Bissingen location.
The Dürr Group operates in the market with four divisions: Paint and Assembly Systems plans and builds paint shops and final assembly systems for the automobile and aircraft industries. Application Technology provides automated paint application, sealing, and glueing with its robot technologies. Machinery and systems from the Measuring and Process Systems division are used for balancing and cleaning and in engine and transmission manufacturing as well as in final vehicle assembly, among other areas. The fourth division, Clean Technology Systems, specializes in processes to improve energy efficiency and exhaust air purification.
Dürr is among the global market leaders in its sectors, with market shares of 30% to 50% on average. More than 80% of its revenue is generated abroad.
Board of Management
- Ralf W. Dieter, CEO
- Ralph Heuwing, CFO
|25.1 %||Heinz Dürr GmbH|
|71.4%||Institutional and private investors (thereof 1% share of Dürr Management Board)|
|3.5 %||Heinz und Heide Dürr Stiftung, Berlin|
September 26, 2013
- Aircraft and Technology Systems
- Application Technology
- Balancing and Assembly Products
- Cleaning and Filtration Systems
- Clean Technology Systems
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems
- Dürr AG, Bietigheim-Bissingen
- Dürr Assembly Products GmbH, Püttlingen
- Dürr Ecoclean GmbH, Filderstadt
- Dürr Ecoclean GmbH, Monschau
- Carl Schenck AG, Darmstadt
- Dürr Somac GmbH, Stollberg/Erzgeb.
- Dürr Special Material Handling GmbH, Grenzach-Wyhlen
- Dürr Systems GmbH, Bietigheim-Bissingen
- Dürr Systems GmbH, Braunschweig
- Schenck RoTec GmbH, Darmstadt
- Schenck Technologie- und Industriepark GmbH, Darmstadt
- Dürr Systems GmbH, Wolfsburg
- Dürr Systems GmbH, Bernried am Starnberger See
- Luft- und Thermotechnik Bayreuth GmbH (LTB)
- Agramkow Fluid Systems A/S, Sønderborg, Denmark
- Dürr Ecoclean S.A.S., Loué, France
- Dürr Ltd., Warwick, Great Britain
- CPM S.p.A., Beinasco, Italy
- Carl Schenck Machines en Installaties B.V., Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Dürr Anlagenbau Ges.m.b.H., Zistersdorf, Austria
- Dürr Poland Sp. z o.o., Radom, Poland
- Dürr Systems GmbH, Büro Moscow, Russia
- Dürr Systems Slovakia spol. s r.o., Bratislava, Slovakia
- Dürr Systems Spain S.A., Madrid, Spain
- Dürr Ecoclean spol. s.r.o., Oslavany-Padochov, Czech Republic
- Dürr Systems Ltd. Şti., Istanbul, Turkey
- Dürr UCM AG, Rheineck, Switzerland
- Dürr Systems S.A.S, Guyancourt, France
- Dürr Pty. Ltd., Adelaide, Australia
- Dürr Brasil Ltda., Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Dürr Paintshop Systems Engineering (Shanghai) Corp. Ltd., Shanghai, People's Republic of China
- Schenck Shanghai Machinery Corp. Ltd., Shanghai, VR China
- Dürr Ecoclean, Pune, India; Dürr India Pvt. Ltd. Chennai,India; Schenck RoTec India Ltd., Noida, India
- Dürr Japan K.K., Yokohama, Japan
- Dürr de México S. A. de C. V., Querétaro, Mexico
- Dürr South Africa Pty. Ltd., Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Dürr Korea Inc., Seoul, South Korea
- Dürr Ecoclean Inc., Wixom, Michigan, USA & Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
- Dürr (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Bangkok, Thailand