|No. 42 – Laboral Kutxa Baskonia|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
12 November 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dāvis Bertāns (born 12 November 1992) is a Latvian professional basketball who currently plays for Laboral Kutxa of the Liga ACB. He also represents the Latvian national basketball team. He was selected with the 42nd pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Indiana Pacers, who later sent him to the San Antonio Spurs.
On 4 January 2012, 19-year-old Bertāns signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the Serbian club Partizan Belgrade. In the Serbian League finals series against Red Star Belgrade in June 2013, he tore the ACL on his right knee which sidelined him off the court for 9 months.
Bertāns returned to the court on 20 March 2014 against Maccabi Tel Aviv, helping his team get a hard-fought Euroleague Top 16 win against the favoured visitors by contributing 2 points, 2 rebounds, and an assist in 15 minutes of action. Eight days later, on 28 March 2014, Dāvis scored team-leading 20 points in a road Euroleague Top 16 loss at Lokomotiv-Kuban. Partizan ended the season by winning its 13th and Dāvis' third consecutive Serbian League title, defeating arch rivals Red Star Belgrade 3-1 in the finals series. On 3 July 2014, Bertāns terminated his contract with the club.
Laboral Kutxa Baskonia
On March 26, in a game against Emporio Armani Milano, Bertāns tore the ACL on his right knee, the same injury that sidelined him in 2013. It is expected that the period of the recovery will take 6 to 8 months. Over 22 Euroleague games, he averaged 11 points and 2.9 rebounds per game, while also averaging 11.4 points in 25 games of the Spanish League. In Laboral Kutxa Baskonia's very next game following Bertāns' injury, a Spanish League contest versus Valencia BC, each Baskonia player wore Bertāns' number 42 in a show of support for their sidelined teammate.
Latvian national team
Bertāns' older brother, Dairis, is also a professional basketball player. Their father, Dainis, was a professional basketball player and is currently a youth coach. Their mother is a sports teacher and a former high level rower.
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
- "Union Olimpija signs top prospect Bertans". euroleague.net. 14 November 2010.
- "Spurs Obtain Draft Rights To Kawhi Leonard". NBA.com. June 23, 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Bertans agrees with Partizan". talkbasket.net. 4 January 2012.
- Siliņš, Andrejs (4 January 2012). "Dāvis Bertāns pievienojas Belgradas "Partizan"" (in Latvian). Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Bertans pokidao ligamente kolena!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Partizan's Davis Bertans won't return before March". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "PARTIZAN NIS BELGRADE 72 - 70 MACCABI ELECTRA TEL AVIV". euroleague.net. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar 84 - 73 Partizan NIS Belgrade". euroleague.net. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Ništa novo, Partizan je šampion!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Agent: Bertans raskinuo ugovor". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa Baskonia incorpora al alero letón Davis Bertans". baskonia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa Vitoria adds shooter Bertans". euroleague.net. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Laboral's Bertans to miss rest of the season". euroleague.net. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Bertans definitivno pokidao ACL". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Dirljiv gest saigrača za Bertansa". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Latvia Roster". FIBA Europe. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Dāvis Bertāns at abaliga.com
- Dāvis Bertāns at acb.com (Spanish)
- Dāvis Bertāns at draftexpress.com
- Dāvis Bertāns at eurobasket.com
- Dāvis Bertāns at euroleague.net
- Dāvis Bertāns on Twitter