|No. 42 – Laboral Kutxa Baskonia|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
12 November 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dāvis Bertāns (born 12 November 1992) is a Latvian professional basketball who currently plays for Laboral Kutxa of the Liga ACB. He also represents the Latvian national basketball team. He was selected with the 42nd pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Indiana Pacers, which later sent him to the San Antonio Spurs.
On 4 January 2012 Bertāns signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the Serbian club Partizan Belgrade. In the game against Red Star Belgrade in June 2013, he has torn ACL on his right knee which sidelined him off the court for 9 months. He returned to the court in a mid-March game against Maccabi Tel Aviv, helping his team to get a win. On 28 March 2014 Dāvis scored 20 points in a road Euroleague game vs Lokomotiv-Kuban. Partizan ended season winning its 13th and Dāvis third consecutive Serbian League title defeating arch rivals Red Star Belgrade with 3-1 in the final series. On 3 July 2014, Bertāns terminated his contract with the club.
Laboral Kutxa Baskonia
Latvian national team
Bertāns' older brother, Dairis, is also a professional basketball player. Their father, Dainis, was a professional basketball player and is currently a youth coach. Their mother is a sports teacher and a former high level rower.
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
- "Union Olimpija signs top prospect Bertans". euroleague.net. 14 November 2010.
- "Spurs Obtain Draft Rights To Kawhi Leonard". NBA.com. June 23, 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Bertans agrees with Partizan". talkbasket.net. 4 January 2012.
- Siliņš, Andrejs (4 January 2012). "Dāvis Bertāns pievienojas Belgradas "Partizan"" (in Latvian). Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Bertans pokidao ligamente kolena!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Partizan's Davis Bertans won't return before March". Sportando. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "PARTIZAN NIS BELGRADE 72 - 70 MACCABI ELECTRA TEL AVIV". euroleague.net. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar 84 - 73 Partizan NIS Belgrade". euroleague.net. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Ništa novo, Partizan je šampion!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Agent: Bertans raskinuo ugovor". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa Baskonia incorpora al alero letón Davis Bertans". baskonia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa Vitoria adds shooter Bertans". euroleague.net. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Latvia Roster". FIBA Europe. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Adriatic League Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
- Dāvis Bertāns on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to a Latvian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|