|Birth name||Russell Gilbert Llantino|
October 13, 1993 |
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
|Labels||Mars Music Group, BMG|
|Associated acts||August Rigo, Wax, Chris Miles|
Russell Llantino (born October 13, 1993), better known by his stage name D-Pryde, is a Canadian rapper from Brampton, Ontario, and is now based out of New York, United States. He is currently signed to indie label Mars Music Group and major recording label BMG.
Russell Gilbert Llantino was born on October 13, 1993 in Toronto, Ontario. He is of Filipino descent. Three years after his birth, his father went to the Philippines to look for a job, and was never seen again for one year. This led his mother to move to the nearby city of Brampton, where the Llantinos lived in a neighborhood which Russell describes as "low-income and underprivileged". In many of his lyrics, D-Pryde cites the fact that him being of Asian descent gave him ridicule for his interest in his rap career, and has frequently stressed the hardships of being an Asian rapper in the music industry.
Llantino started releasing rap tracks online at the age of fourteen, and decided to pursue rapping as a professional hobby. Many of his rap tracks are uploaded onto YouTube, many of which are accompanied with music videos. At the age of sixteen, D-Pryde was signed to underground record label Mars Music Group in July 2010, in which he released his first mixtape through the label entitled MARS on June 3, 2011. MARS features Toronto based recording artist and record producer August Rigo, who also produced a track on the mixtape. In July 2011, D-Pryde was featured on RapCity, where he shot his music video.
Starting on August 23, 2011, D-Pryde embarked on his first tour around Canada, where he performed along with rapper J. Cole. The tour first started at the Vogue Theatre in Vancouver, British Columbia, and subsequently at venues in Edmonton and Calgary in Alberta, and then Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Toronto and London, Ontario, and then finishing off on September 7, 2011, at a venue in Montreal, Quebec. As of late December 2012, he is signed to record label, BMG. On July 9, 2013 D-Pryde released an EP under BMG entitled "Canal and Richvale". The EP includes a collaboration with August Rigo in the song 'Ridin Thru LA". There is a CD version of the EP available in Canada and New York which features two bonus songs. 'Bottom Dollar" which is available on the "Flagship" mixtape, and "Rollin" which is exclusive to the CD.
- The Myspace Mixtape (2008)
- No...Rly Now Mixtape (2009)
- Once Again (2011)
- Mars (2011)
- Flagship (2012)
- TBA (2014)
- Extended Plays
- Canal & Richvale (2013)
|"Air Timpani"||2008||Wax||Liquid Courage|
|"So Far So Good"||2011||Drew Howard, Maribelle Anes||Season Three (Leap Year)|
|"Bow Down"||2011||Boogz Boogetz||Flyer Learning|
|"Round Round"||2012||Boogz Boogetz||C.O.O.L. (Creating Our Own Lane)|
|"Full Time Thing"||2012||Chris Miles||I Am Me|
|"Zonin' Out (Remix)"||2013||Chris Miles||Growing Pains|
- "D-Pryde – Mars (Mixtape)". foundasians.com. June 14, 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Artist Spotlight Shines on Toronto Rapper D-Pryde | Hip Hop Weekly Magazine". Hiphopweekly.com. 2011-08-08. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Official MySpace Account". MySpace. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "D-Pryde Interview". itsbongoboy.com. YouTube. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "D-Pryde - MR. COCKY lyrics". lyricsreg.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "The Break Presents: D-Pryde". The Break. 2011-06-13. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Exclusive Interview With D-Pryde". Jackfroot.com. 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Thikeo, Haylee (2010-08-06). "D-Pryde signed to Mars Music Group". Channel APA. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "D Pryde- Rise&Grnd Interview Live Performance -School Of Hard Rockz NYC 2012". RiseandGrnd.com. YouTube. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "New music from Tinie Tempah, Eminem and a D-Pryde video shoot on RapCity tonight". MuchMusic. 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- Dpryde Has Over 200,000 Subscribers to his Channel. "D-Pryde Joins J. Cole for "Cole World... World Tour"". dprydemusic.com. Retrieved 2012-04-29.