D. J. Coffman
|D. J. Coffman|
|Born||January 17, 1976|
|Hero by Night
D. J. Coffman (born January 17, 1976) is an American cartoonist. He is best known as the creator of the Hero by Night comic book series and the webcomic Yirmumah. Coffman also has done work on the Monkey Man comic series with writer Brian Lynch that included a webcomic on Kevin Smith's MoviePoopShoot.com.
|Author(s)||D. J. Coffman
|Current status / schedule||Updating every Weekday|
|Launch date||October 5, 2003 |
|Genre(s)||Pop Culture, Comedy|
Yirmumah is a daily webcomic written and drawn by Coffman, and sometimes written by collaborator Bob McDeavitt. Yirmumah is part of the webcomics collective Keenspot. It has been published as a minicomic and as a color comic book series. Yirmumah was also a regular feature in the 2005 relaunch of Cracked magazine and Cracked Magazine.com.
In 2006, Coffman switched Yirmumah back to an autobiographical comic called ORIGIN  which features the story of how his father and mother met.
The Comic Book Challenge/Hero by Night
|Hero by Night|
|Author(s)||D. J. Coffman|
|Current status / schedule||updating daily|
|Launch date||October 3, 2006 |
|Genre(s)||Super Hero, Adventure|
Hero by Night tells the adventures of a Jack King, who discovers an older superhero's hidden lair and his gear. After debating selling the hero's stuff on eBay and attracting the hero's enemies' attention, King decides to instead use the gear to become the modern incarnation of the hero.
In December 2007, Hero By Night launched as an ongoing comic book series. After publishing three issues, Platinum suspended its comic publishing line due to financial issues. All creators on the Hero By Night book were eventually paid in full.
In late December 2011, Coffman announced that he had regained the rights to Hero by Night from Platinum and that he would be reinitiating the series, which would then be published daily at Keenspot.com In April 2012 Hero By Night became a member of the international superhero webcomic collective Collective of Heroes. 
On June 9, 2008, Coffman teamed with the Denver-based hip-hop/rock band Flobots to produce an original webcomic that features stories based on real life accounts of their fans meant to inspire social change. The webcomic is currently published at Flobots.net 
- Movie Poop Shoot - Monkeyman
- Keenspot Comic-Con 2006 Announcements: YIRMUMAH!, DARKEN, SORCERY 101 join! Fall Marketing Plans! SUPEROSITY TV Show (sorta)! | COMIXTALK
- Webcomics in Print: Yirmumah Mini Comic #1 - DJ Coffman
- Your Indy Weekly: Yirmumah!, Love In A Time Of Super-Villains And More - Newsarama
- Yirmumah Archives
- Platinum Studios Store - Comics Fueling Media Everywhere!
- Comic Book Challenge 2007 - 2007 Judges
- Coffman, D.J. "My Decade in Webcomics & Comics," DJCoffman.com (November 20, 2010).
- "'Hero by Night' live-action series in works," Hollywood Reporter (October 2008).
- "Hero By Night Returns...NOW!" Keenspot.com (December 24, 2011).