D. J. MacHale
|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012)|
|D. J. MacHale|
MacHale at the Miami Book Fair International, 2011
|Born||Donald James MacHale
March 11, 1955
|Occupation||writer and director|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Notable works||The Pendragon Adventure;
|Notable awards||CableACE Award;
Donald James MacHale (born March 11, 1955), known popularly under the pen name D. J. MacHale, is a writer, director, and executive producer. He has been affiliated with shows such as Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Flight 29 Down and Seasonal Differences. MacHale is also the author of the popular young adult book series, Pendragon and Morpheus Road.
Donald James MacHale was born on March 11, 1956 in Greenwich, Connecticut. While in school, he had several jobs including collecting eggs at a poultry farm, engraving sports trophies and washing dishes in a steakhouse...in between playing football and running track.
MacHale won the CableACE Award for his series Chris Cross and the Gemini Award for Are you Afraid of the Dark?. It aired on YTV in Canada and Nickelodeon in the United States. MacHale won a Cableace nomination for The Tale of Cutter's Treasure, a Gemini nomination for The tale of the Dangerous Soup, a Writer's Guild of America nomination and a Director's Guild of America nomination for his popular kids TV Series, Flight 29 Down, and a Cableace nomination for Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective, a book series. His popular young adult series is titled Pendragon.
The books to be published under a new agreement with Simon & Schuster include:
- The Equinox Curiosity Shop is an action-oriented fantasy series for younger middle-grade readers was launched in Fall 2009, which is about a toy shop that comes to life twice a year.
- The Morpheus Road Trilogy was launched on April 20, 2010. The first book in the trilogy is called "The Light". It is about a teenage boy who is haunted by ghosts. The second book in the trilogy is named "The Black". The title of the third book is "The Blood".
- The Monster Princess is MacHale's first picture book and features an ugly monster girl who lives in a cave beneath a castle and longs to become a beautiful princess.
- ABC Afterschool Special (TV Series)
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? (TV Series)
- The Tale of Cutter's Treasure (Movie)
- The Tale of the Dangerous Soup (Movie)
- Tower of Terror (Movie)
- Flight 29 Down (TV Series)
- Seasonal Differences (TV Series)
- Ghostwriter (TV Series)
- Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Movie Series)
- Pendragon: Journal of an Adventure Through Time and Space (Book Series)
- East of the Sun and West of the Moon (Penned Adaptation)
- Chris Cross (TV Series)
- Morpheus Road (Book Series)
- The Monster Princess (Picture Book)
- SYLO (Book Series Fall 2013)
- DJ MacHale :: Pendragon Adventure : Journal of an Adventure through Time and Space
- Simon & Schuster: D. J. MacHale - Biography
- thependragonadventure.com :: View topic - Frequently asked questions about D.J
- Powells.com Ink Q&A - D. J. MacHale
- D.J. MacHale
- The Light (Morpheus Road): D.J. MacHale: 9781416965169: Amazon.com: Books
- Blog « D.J. MacHale Books