D. Y. Patil
Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil (Marathi: ज्ञानदेव यशवंतराव पाटील) (born 22 October 1935) is the current Governor-designate of Bihar state in eastern India. He is an educator and a leader of the Indian National Congress from Maharashtra state.
He was born at Ambap village in the present-day Kolhapur district. A number of educational institutes were founded by him, which include the D. Y. Patil college of Engineering and Technology , D. Y. Patil Medical College at Kolhapur and D Y Patil College of Engineering at Pune in 1984. He received the Padma Shri award in 1991 for social work.
Political career 
Patil was elected to the Kolhapur Municipal Council as a Congress candidate in 1957 and remained in office until 1962. He was the member of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha from 1967-78. In both the 1967 and 1972 elections, he was elected from Panhala Vidhan Sabha constituency. He was appointed the Governor of Tripura state on November 21, 2009 and took the oath of office and secrecy on November 27, 2009. He was appointed as the Governor of Bihar on 9th of March 2013. 
- "Biography of Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil". Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil University website. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "Statistical Report on General Election 1967 to the Legilsative Assembly of Maharashtra". Election Commission of India website. p. 10. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- "Key Highights of General Election 1972 to the Legilsative Assembly of Maharashtra". Election Commission of India website. p. 10. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "President Appoints Governors". The President of India website. November 21, 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "DY Patil to be new governor of Tripura". Hindustan Times. November 24, 2009. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "D.Y. Patil takes oath as Tripura governor". Samay Live. November 27, 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2009.