D33 road (Croatia)
|Length:||73.3 km (45.5 mi)|
|From:||Strmica border crossing to Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|A1 in Šibenik interchange|
|To:||D8 near Šibenik|
|Major cities:||Knin, Šibenik|
|State roads in Croatia|
D33 connects Šibenik to Drniš and Knin. Furthermore, the road has junctions to major state roads, namely D8 in Šibenik, connecting to Biograd na Moru and Trogir, and D1 state road in Knin, which in turn connects to Sinj to the south and to Gračac to the north.[maps 1] The southern terminus of the road is found in Vidici interchange near Šibenik. The road is also connected to A1 motorway in Šibenik interchange. The road is 73.3 km (45.5 mi) long. The northern terminus of the road is at Strmica border crossing to Bosnia and Herzegovina, where the road proceeds to Drvar.
Traffic is regularly counted and reported by Hrvatske ceste, operator of the road. Substantial variations between annual (AADT) and summer (ASDT) traffic volumes are attributed to the fact that the road serves as a connection to A1 motorway (via D533) and it carries substantial tourist traffic.
|D33 traffic volume|
|D33||5001 Knin - north||1,165||1,489||Adjacent to Ž6080 junction.|
|D33||5003 Knin - south||2,879||9,575||Between D1 and Ž6056 junctions.|
|D33||5004 Vrbnik - south||2,027||2,298||Between Ž6056 and Ž6079 junctions.|
|D33||5412 Pakovo Selo||1,862||2,712||Between Ž6094 and Ž6078 junctions.|
|D33||5412 Pakovo Selo - south||2,463||3,539||Adjacent to A1 motorway Šibenik interchange.|
|D33||5322 Dubrava Šibenska||7,814||13,058||Adjacent to D8 junction.|
Road junctions and populated areas
|D33 junctions/populated areas|
|Strmica border crossing to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The northern terminus of the road.
|Ž6080 to Kninsko Polje.|
D1 to Gračac (to the north) and Sinj (to the south).
Ž6056 to Oklaj, Karalić and Širitovci.
Ž6079 to Orlić.
Ž6058 to Riđane, Orlić and Biskupija.
|Ž6247 to Uzdolje.|
|Ž6081 to Biočić, Mioćić and Parčić.|
Ž6082 to Vrlika, Ježević, Bajagić and Otok.
|Ž6095 to KAdina Glavica, Gradac and Baljci.|
D56 to Muć and Klis-Grlo interchange (D1).
Ž6055 to Oklaj.
Ž6246 to Širitovci and Đevrske (D59).
|Ž6094 to Žitnić and Unešić.|
Ž6078 to Kaočine and Trbounje.
|Ž6093 to Pokrovnik.|
|A1 in Šibenik interchange, to Gospić (to the north) and to Split and Ploče (to the south).|
D8 to Biograd na Moru (to the west) and Trogir (to the east).
The southern terminus of the road.
- OpenStreetMap. Overview map of the D33 (Map). http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1152629. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names". Narodne novine (in Croatian). May 6, 2003.
- Ministry of Sea, Transport and Infrastructure (Croatia) (May 10, 2013). "Odluka o razvrstavanju javnih cesta" [Decision on categorization of public roads]. Narodne novine (in Croatian) (066/2013).
- "Public Roads Act". Narodne novine (in Croatian). December 14, 2004.
- "Traffic counting on the roadways of Croatia in 2013 - digest". Hrvatske Ceste. May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Map of border crossings and customs office areas". Customs Administration of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian). March 6, 2008.