D424 road (Croatia)
|Brza cesta Zadar 2 - Gaženica|
|Length:||17.6 km (10.9 mi)|
|To:||A1 Zadar 2 interchange|
|State roads in Croatia|
D424 is a state road in Croatia that connects the city of Zadar with the A1 motorway. It links Gaženica port in southern Zadar and Zadar 2 interchange on A1 motorway, executed as a dual carriage expressway (Croatian: brza cesta) connector, with a 80 km/h (50 mph) speed limit. The D424 has five interchanges. The expressway has been regarded in Zadar as a means, which will, together with the new Gaženica port and the Crno commercial zone, bring prosperity to the city.
Traffic is regularly counted and reported by Hrvatske ceste, operator of the road. Substantial variations between annual (AADT) and summer (ASDT) traffic volumes are attributed to the fact that the road connects a number of summer resorts to Croatian motorway network.
|D424 traffic volume|
|D424||4820 Gaženica||5,445||7,686||Between D8 and D422 junctions.|
Road junctions and populated areas
|D424 exit list|
| A1 - Interchange with A1 motorway in Zadar 2 interchange.
Northern terminus of the road.
|Zadar 2 toll plaza. A part of A1 motorway toll system.|
|Northern terminus of dual carriageway expressway to Zadar and Gaženica.|
D56 to Benkovac
D502 to Karin and D27
D56 and D502 roads are concurrent between the interchange and a junction approximately 700 m (2,300 ft) to the north
|Sveti Martin interchange
Ž6040 to Sukošan
D422 to Zadar Airport
Ž6039 to Bibinje
Ž6262 to Zadar via Benkovačka street.
D8 to Zadar city centre.
|Southern terminus of dual carriageway expressway to Zadar and A1 motorway.|
|Port of Zadar (Gaženica).|
- "Decision on categorization of public roads as state roads, county roads and local roads". Narodne novine (in Croatian). February 17, 2010.
- "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names". Narodne novine (in Croatian). May 6, 2003.
- Mandić, Ante (2007-11-06). "Kalmeta službeno otvorio četverotračnu brzu cestu Zadar 2 - Gaženica". ezadar (in Croatian). Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- Ivićev-Balen, Ljubica (2008-02-26). "Kolega: "Razvojno trojstvo" Zadra čine Gaženica, brza cesta i zona Crno". ezadar (in Croatian). Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- "Public Roads Act". Narodne novine (in Croatian). December 14, 2004.
- "Traffic counting on the roadways of Croatia in 2009 - digest". Hrvatske ceste. May 1, 2010.