|Birth name||Theresa Danielle Flaminio|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States (formerly Boston, Massachusetts)|
|Genres||Soul, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electronica, Dance|
|Instruments||vocals, keyboards, keytar, guitar, bass guitar, violin, drums, recorder|
|Associated acts||Beyoncé, 2NE1, Imagine Dragons, Scarlet Fever, Khronic, Theresa Flaminio Band|
DANiiVORY (born Theresa Danielle Flaminio) is an American multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter. She is touring with Beyoncé's all-female backing band, the Suga Mamas. She has toured with 2NE1, Bridgit Mendler, Imagine Dragons, and has both founded and performed with several other groups.
She was keyboardist with Scarlet Fever, the all-female backing band that toured with Cee Lo Green during 2010 and 2011. She and varying members of Scarlet Fever have performed with other front women as In 4D, No Salt, and Miss President.
Theresa Flaminio was raised in Wexford, Pennsylvania. Her mother was a liturgical musician, her father an electrical engineer. She graduated from North Allegheny Senior High School, and completed a B.A. at Miami University (Ohio) in Zoology with a minor in Music Composition. After a year of post-graduate work in vocal performance at Duquesne University, she was awarded a talent scholarship from Berklee College of Music, and an additional B.M. in Contemporary Writing, Production, and Performance.
Beginning in August 2010, she toured with Cee Lo Green and the all-female backing band named Scarlet Fever on promotional tours for The Lady Killer album. They performed for the BBC, Late Show with David Letterman, Saturday Night Live, and many other venues. Core band members include Sharon Aguilar (lead guitar, violin), Brittany Brooks (drums), and Regina Zernay Roberts (bass guitar, Moog synthesizer).
Members of the band continued to play together in various combinations (sometimes under other band names). Aguilar, Flaminio, and Brooks performed with front woman Sammy Allen at Whisky a Go Go in April 2012, where Cee Lo joined them on stage.
Beginning in August 2011, she played a West Coast tour with Imagine Dragons. She had attended Berklee with other members of the band, and joined temporarily after founding members Brittany and Andrew Tolman departed. Current members include Ben McKee (bass guitar), Daniel Platzman (drums), Dan Reynolds (vocals), and Wayne Sermon (guitar).
Aguilar, Flaminio, and Divinity Roxx backed 2NE1 on their New Evolution World Tour in 9 cities among 5 countries during 2012. Their performance at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was ranked by The New York Times critics among the best concerts of the year. The concert at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles ranked #29 on Billboard’s Current Box Score, the first K-Pop girl group to make this rank.
Aguilar, Brooks, and DANiiVORY have performed with Goldielox née Brittany Burton as In 4D, and debuted as Miss President at Whisky a Go Go on February 10, 2013. Their music encompasses “standard pop riffs, to neo-classical, and everything in-between.” The band name was chosen as “empowering” for women, “... we can create great music just as guys do. We can do everything they do, and even better.”
- "About Teresa Flaminio". Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Theresa Flaminio: Accompanist, Composer, Music Director, Singer". Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Cee Lo Green Session". 1Xtra. BBC. October 26, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Cee Lo in the Live Lounge". Live Lounge. BBC. November 3, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Late Show with David Letterman". November 8, 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Gwyneth Paltrow hosts Saturday Night Live with musical guest Cee Lo Green!". Saturday Night Live. NBC. January 15, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- David, Valerie (January 18, 2011). "Gwyneth Paltrow & Cee Lo Green Are Game for Anything on 'Saturday Night Live'". Retrieved 2011-02-14.
Cee Lo Green did his own version of Robert Palmer on the "Saturday Night Live" stage, singing his hit while being backed up by a girl band dressed in tight, hot pink mini-dresses. The difference between Palmer's models and these sexy gals, however, was that Cee Lo's band "Scarlet Fever" is the real deal, rocking out on their instruments with sass and true talent.
- "Scarlet Fever, Cee Lo Green's Ladykiller band live with guest Sammy Allen". April 23, 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- Keene, Jarret (August 11, 2011). "Rockabilly stilettos, Pentagrams, and L.A. Dragons". Vegas Seven Magazine. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Maccarone, Ariel; Downing, Dustin (August 24, 2011). "No plan B: Imagine Dragons". ChinaShop Magazine. Red Bull North America. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Caramanica, Jon (August 19, 2012). "Korean Pop’s Singular Mélange". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
2NE1 was backed by a mostly female band, which injected flourishes of real skill amid the music’s more direct demands.
- Pareles, Jon; Caramanica, Jon; Ratliff, Ben; Chinen, Nate (December 26, 2012). "Pop’s Big Nights – The Best Concerts of 2012, as Seen by Times Critics". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "2NE1 becomes the first K-Pop girl group to rank on Billboard's Current Box Score". AllKPop. September 4, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- Noel, Carly (February 6, 2013). "Pittsburgh native talks about performing with Beyonce during halftime show". WPXI.com (Cox Media Group). Retrieved 2013-02-08.
- Ruano, Jenifer (July 2012). "Brittany Brooks Giving Us Fever". Tom Tom Magazine (10): 23–24. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- Boyd, Steve (March 19, 2013). "Interview with Sharon Aguilar: Administrator of Guitar for Miss President". Guitar Girl Magazine. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- "Miss President - About". February 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Miss President Tour Dates". February 10, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Whitmore, Laura B. (April 15, 2013). "Guitar Girl'd: Interview with Sharon Aguilar on CeeLo, 2NE1 and Miss President". Guitar World. Retrieved 2013-04-15.