From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up DAO, Dao, or dao in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word Dao or Dão may refer to:
- Tao (Chinese: "The Way"), a philosophical concept
- Dao (film), a film by Tsui Hark
- Dao (game), an abstract strategy game
- Dao (political) (Dào), historical political divisions in China translated as "circuits"
- Dao (sword), a type of Chinese sword
- Dracontomelon dao, a species of tropical canopy tree known as dao in Filipino
- Vinho do Dão, a wine made in Portugal
- Yao people, a minority ethnic group of Vietnam
- Dao (surname) (Đào), a Vietnamese surname
- Dao (Dungeons & Dragons), a type of genie in the game Dungeons & Dragons
- Dao (state), a historical state during the Zhou Dynasty
- Dao, Capiz, Philippines
- Dao County, in Yongzhou, Hunan, China
- Dão-Lafões, a region in Portugal
- Rio Dão, a river in Portugal
- Barangay Dau, a village in Mabalacat, Pampanga, Philippines
The acronym DAO or D.A.O. may refer to:
- D-amino acid oxidase, a peroxisomal enzyme
- Data access object, a design pattern used in object-oriented software engineering
- Jet Data Access Objects, a general programming interface for database access on Microsoft Windows systems
- De-asphalted oil, a crude oil refinery process stream
- Defence Acquisition Organisation, the former name of the Australian Defence Materiel Organisation
- Defense Attaché Office (see military attaché), the office for military matters at embassies
- Diamine oxidase, an enzyme involved in the metabolism of histamine.
- Disk-at-Once, a recording mode for optical discs
- Dominion Astrophysical Observatory in Saanich, British Columbia, Canada
- Double action only, a trigger mechanism for semi-automatic firearms
- Dragon Age: Origins, a video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.