|Industry||Online food ordering|
|Founded||Boston, United States (2009)|
DASHED is a restaurant delivery service founded in Boston, Massachusetts by Phil Dumontet in 2009. In 2013, DASHED was recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S., ranking #119 nationwide & #7 in Massachusetts on Inc. magazine's Inc 500|5000 list.
In November 2013, DASHED rolled out a fleet of electric & eco-friendly SmartCars for its delivery drivers. According to the Boston Globe, as of November, DASHED has a total of 12 company SmartCars, which are available for rent to an approved pool of drivers for $15 per 8-hour shift. The microcar rental fleet is only available in Boston.
DASHED delivers for roughly 500 upscale restaurants in Baltimore, Boston, Hoboken, Philadelphia, and Providence with approximately 92 employees on staff. Restaurants pay DASHED a 30 percent commission to make their deliveries.
The company partners exclusively with Foodler for online ordering. It expanded to Baltimore in April 2013, adding 50 restaurants that don’t have their own delivery staff, including P.F. Chang's.
Operating in eight cities, DASHED uses a mix of bikes, scooters and automobiles to deliver food from 9:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m. seven days a week. About 25% of their orders are delivered by bike & scooter.
DASHED introduced a 45-minute Christmas tree delivery service in Boston, which included trees, tree stands, garland, wreaths, and poinsettias. The program was popular with corporate clients, with daily deliveries to the Prudential Center.
- Landry, Lauren. BostInno (2012). Forget Chopping Down Trees: DASHED Delivers Christmas Straight To Your Door in 45 Minutes'. http://bostinno.streetwise.co/all-series/christmas-tree-delivery-service-get-a-christmas-tree-delivered-in-boston/#ss__267434_1_0__ss
- Landry, Lauren. "Dash Deliveries: Bringing Boston's Best Food To Your Doorstep in 45 Minutes or Less". Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "SPONSORED: DASHED Delivery". Brown Daily Herald. November 17, 2012.
- The 2013 Inc. 5000 List. Inc Magazine. http://www.inc.com/profile/dashed
- Borchers, Callum. Boston Globe (2013)."Takeout delivery company Dashed rolls out a rental car fleet for drivers". http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/11/09/takeout-delivery-company-dashed-rolls-out-rental-car-fleet-for-drivers/UOqeyrbvUkisi7DtBWMnFI/story.html'
- Allan, Adler. "A Fit for Every Business". USPS. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Burt, Helm. "How I Turned My Bicycle into a $4.6 Million Business". INC. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Mehan, Sarah. "http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/blog/charm-city-flavor/2013/04/foodler-online-food-service-baltimore.html". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Landry, Lauren. "13 Local Student- & Alumni-Run Startups Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping". Bostinno. Retrieved 2 May 2014.