|Also known as||Velvit|
Drum and bass
|Associated acts||Future Forces, Inc.
Bad Company UK
Darren White, better known as dBridge, is a British electronic music producer whose career has stretched from the early days of the genre's conception back in the early 1990s. dBridge was originally part of the duo Future Forces Inc., a project made with fellow DJ Maldini, with releases on the first Renegade Hardware records. Later, they would join Fresh and Vegas to form the drum and bass super-group Bad Company, which dBridge was a member of during the late 90s and early 00s. During his time with Bad Company, they released several popular and successful tracks such as Planet Dust, Nitrous, and The Nine.
dBridge released his first solo album, The Gemini Principle, in 2008. dBridge owns his own record imprint, Exit Records. In 2011, Exit released a compilation called Mosaic Vol 1. Mosaic Vol 2 followed in 2013. His most recent collaboration is Heart Drive with Kid Drama, a project consisting of a series of podcasts previewing autonomic tracks from the duo. dBridge has recently starting creating techno and house under the alias Velvit. Other projects of his include collaborations with producers Instra:mental (see autonomic podcasts), Fierce, Break, Survival, Calibre, and Skream.
dBridge says he draws different influences for each track he makes. He begins by creating the drum beats first, and then draws inspiration from the beats to decide where the instrumentation will go from there. His music is also influenced by the way he is feeling at time of composition. He says he loves hearing imperfections in music.
- IMO Records. "dBridge Biography", IMO Records, 17 October 2011. Retrieved on 27 October 2011.
- Resident Advisor. "DJ Page", Resident Advisor, Retrieved on 27 October 2011.
- Knowledge Mag (Online). "dBridge Interview", KMag, Retrieved on 27 October 2011.
- "dBridge Discography", Discogs, Retrieved on 27 October 2011.
- Example Magazine (Online). "dBridge Interview", Example Magazine, Retrieved on 27 October 2011.