||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (June 2010)|
The client is free of advertisements and has a user-friendly interface. It has full support for in-client chat which allows the user to participate in chat rooms without a need for separate chat software, which means less processor and memory usage.
The client has the ability to send operators commands and you can add and edit more commands by using hub scripts. The client interface is flexible and allows you to change the toolbar buttons, your native language among other things.
Even though DC:PRO was supposedly licensed under GNU General Public License, the complete source code was not made available.
Few of the main features are:
- Segmented Downloading: Download simultaneously the same files from many users;
- Clean and neat user-friendly interface;
- Multi-hub connections;
- Text chat with colors and images;
- Fast threaded transfers;
- Total user control of the files in queue;
- Open windows in background (like in Opera Browser);
- Automatic detection and blocking of Share Fakers;
- Send users files like ICQ/MSN;
- Support Client emulation;
- Support Bandwidth control;
- Full support of Smiles
- Full support of URL links in the chat.
- Script options for customizing DC:PRO to the user's needs.
- Full support of the DC Protocol.
- Multilingual support
- Automatic upgrader
- Windows XP theme support
The development of DC:PRO seem to have been halted, with the most recent news going back to 2006. The original project homepage was located on http://btpro.altervista.org/ (Web archive) and the official support website was located on http://www.bsalsa.no-ip.info/support.shtml (Web archive).