DCT University Center – Switzerland
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
|DCT University Center - Switzerland|
|Website||http://www.ritz.edu or http://www.culinaryarts.ch|
DCT University Center – Switzerland is a private school in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. The campus is located in the village of Vitznau, situated within the region of Luzern and directly on the shores of Lake Lucerne.
DCT was founded in 1991 and in January 1992, Domino Carlton Tivoli International Hotel Management Career Centre, as the school was first known, welcomed its first students to its campus in Lucerne’s Carlton-Tivoli Hotel building overlooking the shores of Lake Lucerne. In this location, the school grew and developed in its first years, establishing initial relationships with both Johnson & Wales University and Lynn University.
In 1996, DCT International Hotel & Business Management School was formed when a group of the original Swiss founders formed a partnership to take over from its original investors. DCT also expanded its program offerings, adding courses specializing in European Gourmet Cuisine and in European Pastry and Chocolate to the initial Diploma and Post-Graduate Diploma programs in Hotel & Tourism Management, as well as establishing partnerships with Florida International University and the University of Massachusetts - Amherst.
In 2003, DCT moved its campus out of the 100-year old Carlton-Tivoli Hotel building and further along the shores of Lake Lucerne to the village of Vitznau. In this setting, DCT has continued to develop and grow, including the addition of an MBA in Hospitality Management program and the new Master Gourmet Culinary Arts course, plus an expanded relationship with Lynn University and its Switzerland Program.
In 2011, SEG, Swiss Education Group acquires DCT University Center. DCT University Center becomes César Ritz Colleges Switzerland.
In 2012, César Ritz Colleges Switzerland will move its campus to downtown Lucerne – back into the middle of the city where the school was founded more than two decades earlier. The César Ritz campus will move to newly renovated modern facilities in downtown Lucerne near Löwenplatz, at the edge of the city’s historic and central shopping districts.
Both academic and professional programs are offered at DCT in the hospitality, tourism and culinary fields, including professional certifications, several undergraduate and post-graduate diploma programs, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree, and a fully accredited U.S. Bachelor’s Degree delivered in Switzerland by Lynn University.
The variety of international educational organizations that have verified DCT programs include the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Swiss Hotel Schools Association (ASEH), the American Culinary Federation (ACF), DCT’s advanced culinary program is only one of 22 programs worldwide, and the only one outside of the US, to be recognized with “Exemplary Program Status” by the ACF. Lynn University, whose main campus is in Boca Raton, Florida, is fully accredited at the degree-granting level by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS).
- "DCT University Center - Hospitality Leadership & European Culinary Arts". http://www.myexperience-abroad.com.
- "DCT University Center". http://www.universitieshandbook.com.
- "César Ritz Colleges Switzerland - Hotel School". http://www.study-in-luzern.com.
- "DCT University center". http://swiss-hotel-schools.blogspot.dk. 24 October 2011.
- "DCT University Center A propos de nous". http://www.xing.com.
- "DCT Int'l Hotel & Business Management School, Vitznau". http://www.namtech.net.
- "DCT University Center Switzerland". http://fr.shortcoursesportal.eu.
- "CTCI Directory of Schools". http://ctci.neasc.org.
- ASEH.ch "ASEH, the leading hotel management schools". http://www.aseh.ch.
- "ACF chefs". http://www.acfchefs.org.
- "Lynn University". http://www.lynn.edu.
- DCT University Center - César Ritz Colleges Switzerland, www.ritz.edu