DC Design is an Indian design firm from Mumbai which is noted for their concept cars and prototypes. The firm, founded in 1993, is headed by designer Dilip Chhabria, and under a contract with Ford Motor Company built the first Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage prototype featured at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show.
The company also builds custom special order vehicles, such as a modified Porsche Cayenne coupe, and a modified Rolls Royce coupe. In August 2006, the company announced a partnership with Eximstar, an ETA Group company, to build a 500,000-square-foot (46,000 m2) production facility in Dubai. The facility, scheduled to open in 2007, will produce custom luxury cars.
- Basu, Indrajit (2003-09-03). "India's auto industry comes of age". Asia Times. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- "Chhabria's cars big hit at Motor show". The Economic Times. 2005-12-13. Retrieved 2008-01-29.[dead link]
- "Exclusive: The 2-door Porsche Cayenne". Motor Authority. 2006-10-10. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- "The DC designed Rolls Royce coupe". Motor Authority. 2006-10-12. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- "Dilip Chhabria Design ties up with ETA's Eximstar". The Hindu. 2006-08-21. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|