|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
DD National's logo
|Launched||15 September 1959 (in India)|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Sister channel(s)||DD India
|Dish TV||Channel 115|
|Tata Sky||Channel 104|
|Big TV||Channel 205|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 136|
|Sun Direct DTH||Channel 310|
|DD Direct Plus||Channel 1|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 127|
|Cignal Digital TV||Channel 88|
|G Sat||Coming Soon|
|SkyCable Philippines||Channel 233 (Digital)|
|Cablelink Philippines||Channel 243|
|Destiny Cable Philippines||Channel 116 (Analog)
Channel 233 (Digital)
DD National (DD1) is a state-owned general interest terrestrial television channel in India. It is the flagship channel of Doordarshan, the Indian public service broadcasting corporation, and the most widely available terrestrial television channel in India.
DD National is government body but it has editorial independence.
DD National telecasts around 400 episodes of Shaktimaan.
Prasar Bharati Board
- Chairman — Mrinal Pande
- Chief Executive Officer — Jawahar Sircar
- Member (Personnel) — V.A.M. Hussain
- Member (Financel) — A.K. jain
- Representative of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting — Dr.Sunil Kapoor, Suman Dubey, Vikram Kaushik and Prof. S.K. Barua
- Rajiv Takru — Additional Secretary
- Ex Officio Members — Tripurari Sharan, DG, Doordarshan and L.D. Mandloi, DG, All India Radio
- Happy Homes
- Khwabon Ke Darmiyaan
- Khamosh Sa Afsana
- Pavitra Bandhan...Do Dilon Ka
- Zindagi Ek Bhanwar
- Dard Ka Rishta
- Jab Jab Bahaar Aayi
- Janmon Ka Bandhan
- Dariba Diaries
- Bharat Ki Shaan - Lets Dance
- Friday Housefull
- Saturday Jubilee
Mid prime time: afternoon slot
- Lakeerein Kismat Ki
- Aisa Prem Kahaan
- Chupau Kaise...Laga Chunri Me Daag
- Ye Shaadi Hai Ya Sauda
- Vande Mataram
- Krishi Darshan
- Sanskrit Samachar
- News for hearing impaired
- National Programme of Music
- National Programme of Dance
Usually, all One Day and Twenty20 international cricket matches involving and hosted by India are shown live in DD National. It also broadcast the 2014 Men's Hockey World Cup matches involving India & also the semifinal and final matches.
The idea of autonomy for the government controlled Doordarshan was first mooted when the Janata Party came to power in 1977 in the aftermath of Emergency when the Doordarshan ended up as the government's mouthpiece. The idea was revived when the Janata Dal took office in 1989. The following Congress and non-Congress governments showed no interest in the autonomy despite making politically correct noises about autonomy.
- "India's largest terrestrial network" (Press release). Associated Press. Archived from the original on 6 April 2007. Retrieved 22 July 2007.
- "Rediff On The NeT: Autonomy appears a pipe dream for Doordarshan". Rediff.com. 11 February 1999. Retrieved 10 April 2013.