DEDE at the Delancey, NYC, 2011
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Genres||Dream Pop, post-rock|
|Associated acts||Tiny Hearts, Waajeed, Tim K|
DEDE is an American dream pop and post-rock duo formed in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, consisting of singer and Wisconsin native Deanne Reynolds (born 24 August 1985) and Seattle native Tim K (Tim Kvasnosky). Their music was featured in a psychedelic national Friskies commercial the aired initially during the Winter Olympics of 2010.
The band formed in 2009, composed of Tim K on keyboards and Deanne "Dede" Reynolds on vocals. The band's song "My Secret Sweet" was featured on the 1st episode of IFC's "Dinner with the Band" in April 2010.
An interview with Tim K featured in April 2010 edition of 'Boards magazine.
DEDE is represented by notable Music Lawyer Elliot Resnik.
The group's artist influences include Serge Gainsbourg, Françoise Hardy and Stereolab. Their musical influences are French Pop, combined with jazz funk, Baroque pop and 90's trip hop. Their sound often incorporates vintage electronic keyboards.
The band is labeled a "dream pop" and "poppy" band due to their nostalgic lyrics and 60's aesthetic, crunchy drums and haunting lyrics. Dede's music combines live drums recorded in a classic breakbeat manner with vintage organs (Farfisa and Vox organs) and other keyboards, overlaid with heavily effected unison female vocals and pop melodies.
- "Friskies Cat has Delicious Acid Trip in Olympics Commercial". Tv.gawker.com. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Friskies "Adventureland" Commercial Ft. Deanne Reynolds". popdirt.com. 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Ritchie, Kevin (2010-04-01). "Feline fantasia for Friskies - Boards". Boardsmag.com. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "RUFUS WAINWRIGHT - Episodes - Dinner With The Band - Original Series - On Air". IFC.com. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Advertising | Ads | Advertising Agencies | Campaigns | News". Adweek. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Detroit Lion". Wax Poetics Inc. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2013-06-24.