From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from DELETE)
|Look up deletion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deletion is the act of deleting or removal by striking out material, such as a word or passage, that has been removed from a body of written or printed matter.
Deletion may refer to:
- File deletion, a way of removing a file from a computer's file system
- Code cleanup, a way of removing unnecessary variables, data structures, cookies, and temporary files in a programming language.
- Deletion (genetics), deletion of a gene or chromosome segment, symbolized in the literature by a Δ symbol
- Deletion (music industry), a term for removing a record from a label's catalog
- Deletion (phonology), a phonological process that allows for the elimination of a segment
Delete may refer to:
- Delete key, a key on modern computer keyboards which erases text
- Delete (SQL), delete for SQL
- DEL, the delete control code in the C0 and C1 control codes
deleteoperator, a built-in operator in the C++ programming language
- "Delete!", the battle cry of the Cybermen, antagonists from the British sci-fi television series Doctor Who.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.