From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up DEM or Dem in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
DEM or Dem may refer to:
- Digital elevation model, a digital representation of ground-surface topography or terrain
- .dem, a common extension for USGS DEM files
- Diffuse element method, a numerical simulation method used (for example) to solve partial differential equations
- Discrete element method or discrete element modeling, a family of numerical methods for computing the motion of a large number of small particles (like molecules or grains of sand)
- Display Encode Mode, a feature of the AMD's Video Codec Engine
- Distance Estimation Method = DEM for drawing Julia set or Mandelbrot set
- Department of Environmental Management, a name of various government entities
- Democrats (Brazil), political party
- Deus ex machina (Latin; literally “a god from a machine”), a resolution to a story that does not pay due regard to the story's internal logic and that is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, and presumably allows the author, director, or developer to end the story in the way that he or she desired
- Dynamic element matching, a technique used in integrated circuits design to compensate for components mismatch
- Developments, Enhancements and Maintenance (budget item)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title DEM.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.