They have performed throughout Europe, Russia and the UK, as well as in the United States and at festivals in South Korea, Japan and Brazil. They have produced a 16 mm film Süd. Grenze, music CDs, photography books etc.
Founding members of DEREVO include: Anton Adasinsky (earlier he had been frontman, choreographer and played various instruments in the Soviet rock band AVIA and a member of Slava Polunin's pantomime theatre Litsedeyi); Tanya Khabarova; Dmitry Tyulpanov; Alexey Merkushev and Elena Yarovaya. DEREVO have collaborated with: Oleg Zhukovsky, Adam Read, Yael Karavan, Roman Dubinnikov (composer, percussionist, sound designer), Andrey Sizintsev (composer, percussionist, sound designer), Daniel Williams (composer, pianist/keyboards, sound designer), Falk Dittrich (lighting designer), Sergey Jakovsky (lighting designer).
DEREVO have received:
- Total Theatre Award, Fringe First, Herald Angel and Herald Archangel at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Support prise for performing arts of Academy of Arts in Berlin
- Prix du Jury de Presse at the International Festival of contemporary mime - MIMOS, Périgueux (France)
- The Golden Mask, a theatrical award in Russia
- Hulec, Vladimír (2005). "Improvised Theatre: Today's Major Experimental Trend". The Heart of Europe (4). pp. 26–29. ISSN 1210-7727. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- Süd. Grenze
|This article related to contemporary dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|