DEX New York
|Founder||Dexter Phillip (CEO) and Daniel Padnos (CFO)|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
Number of locations
|19 (1 showroom, 18 retail partners)|
DEX New York is an American cosmetics company that specializes in mineral make-up without the use of mica or bismuth oxychloride as its base. Its product line includes DEX New York Cosmetics, as well as like-branded make-up applicators and accessories. Its studio is located in New York's Fifth Avenue.
Trinidad-born Dexter Phillip, a fashion consultant by trade, founded DEX New York in March 2008 together with partner Daniel Padnos. It consists of his mineral cosmetics line and a private beauty-and-photography studio in 65th Street in downtown Manhattan. The company moved its studio to a 750-square-foot space in Fifth Avenue in 2010, with Lady Gaga as their first client. The new studio is meant to be exclusive, as it can only accommodate two clients at a time and does not have a street-side window to ward off paparazzi. Meanwhile, DEX New York Cosmetics has expanded into over 120 products, including mineral-based skin products, powders, eye shadows, lipsticks, and sunless tanner.
- "Meet Dex". DEXNewYork.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Daniel Padnos LinkedIn profile". LinkedIn. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "DEX New York (65th Street) Yelp page". Yelp.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "The lovely and talented Lady Gaga". FoxNews.com. 10 August 2010. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Stephanie LaCava (12 August 2010). "Evening Express: NYC's DEX Makeup Studio". Vogue.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Hannah Elliott (2 April 2011). "A Beauty Boudoir for the Upper East Side". Forbes.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.